You may also like
Internal Audit Manager with commercial banking experience
Internal Audit, Director - Insurance / Reinsurance Firm
Senior Auditor (Global exposure, project based)
Audit Manager - MNC Corporate Banking, Up to 55k
Actuarial Auditor, AXA Internal Audit Asia
- Internal Audit
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- External Audit
- Internal Audit
- Internal Control
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Team Management
HK Internal Audit Senior Audit Manager Anit Money Laundering Compliance Senior Vice President
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1600 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
- This role directs the timely delivery of complex high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators globally.
- The Senior Audit Manager will work with the APAC Regional Audit Director – AML and Compliance to provide assurance in line with the global, risk-based approach of the Internal Audit department, as well as focus on relevant regulatory expectations and requirements.
- This is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) role will contribute to the scoping and execution of AML audit coverage in accordance with established IA methodology and professional auditing standards. The position will provide IA’s AML SME team with expertise to ensure the provision of independent assurance which is consistent and aligned with the US and global Internal Audit strategies. Specifically this will cover the Country AML and Sanctions Program, Transaction Monitoring hubs, KYC Hubs, and Regional AML and Sanctions advisory functions. Business knowledge should include Consumer Banking, Markets, Investment Banking, Treasury & Trade Solutions, and Securities & Fund Services.
- This position has a direct reporting line to the APAC Regional Audit Director – AML and Compliance and a matrix reporting line to the Head of Audit, Hong Kong. The position is based in Hong Kong.
- Develops and executes a robust audit plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, internal audit and regulatory issue validation, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting
- Directs complex audit activities for a component of a product line, function or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan
- Applies recognized SME expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverages this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals; recruits staff, develops talent, builds effective teams and manages a budget; possesses a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; applies a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including AML and Sanctions Compliance.
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and has a strong understanding of the businesses
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of Compliance, business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective country Compliance, product Compliance or regional Compliance executive management partners; may negotiate internally often at higher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking. Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognized as a leadership role model
- Participates in major business initiatives and proactively advises and assists the business on change initiatives
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues; analyzes reporting findings; recommends appropriate interventions where needed; proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems; partners with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- Provides support to Audit Owner and Chief Auditor in Quarterly Business Monitoring.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in people management with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
- The candidate should have strong functional knowledge of local regulatory compliance programs that have been established to comply with the local AML and CFT requirements, US Sanctions requirements, Citi policies and procedures, provisions and guidelines established by the Federal Reserve, Securities Exchange Commission and other related agencies, and all applicable regulations governing local banking activities and operations.
- The candidate must have working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the related risks and controls and demonstrate the ability to work with senior management and lead audit team execution.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views; this individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management