- Algorithmic Trading
- Hedge Funds
- Legal Advice
HK - GF - Counsel, APAC Markets and Securities Services Legal
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The role will have primary responsibility for providing legal advice and support to the Prime Finance, Cash Equities and Electronic Trading businesses in Asia.
The APAC Prime Finance business provides various services and products to its hedge fund clients including Prime Brokerage, Securities Lending and Financial Solutions, Capital Introduction and Delta One. The Candidate will provide legal advisory and negotiation support so he/she should be familiar with prime finance and derivative documentation such as prime brokerage agreements, lock-up agreements, GMSLAs and ISDAs.
The APAC Cash Equities and Electronic Trading businesses include single stock/program trading, electronic/algorithmic trading and commission management solutions. The Candidate will provide legal advisory and negotiation support to various units with the businesses. The Candidate should be familiar with brokerage terms, electronic trading agreements, commissions sharing arrangements and ETF trading agreements.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience practicing law gained either within the legal department of an investment bank or in private practice (preferably with in-house experience)
- Experience in the above areas is advantageous but we would also consider candidates with general banking and/or transactional experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to engage with the business and other control functions such as Compliance, Operations, Credit, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|