HK - GF - Compliance Testing Review Manager
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Managing the HK Compliance Testing team
- In addition to HK, the candidate may be required to assume geography oversight for Greater China and Korea markets. This would include the supervision of the country leads, ensuring consistent review standards across the teams and managing stakeholder engagements, as required.
- Establish and execute effective reviews in accordance with the Global Compliance Testing Standards covering key Compliance risk areas and trends based on inputs from Regional and Global Compliance and Product Compliance as well as other trends/themes from the various Compliance/AML Risk Assessments.
- Responsive to current events and issues and modify the Testing program where required to address topical emerging issues.
- Lead &/or participate in Compliance testing reviews and discussions, including planning/scoping of review and execution of the test program, and formal report issuances/publications. Identify all relevant Regulations applicable to the identified compliance risks to be covered in a review
- Monitor Test Plans progress
- Remain abreast of legal and regulatory changes in order to ensure monitoring and testing practices are up-to-date with the regulatory environment.
- On an on-going basis, review the scope, coverage, work-papers/test results and reports from the review teams, before each review is concluded to ensure quality and consistency of reviews.
- Interact with other Testing Control groups like IA, ORM and the various In-business Control groups.
- ‘Marketing’ the Compliance Testing function to improve its visibility and perception.
- The candidate should have an experience 10-12 years at least in Compliance, Risk or Audit activities.
- In depth knowledge of banking with specialization in one of the Businesses in particular.
- Good at building good working relationships and influencing change.
- Professional maturity and confidence in expressing a point of view with senior management
- Leadership ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Balanced approach to Business issues, especially from a Compliance Perspective
- Strategic thinking and problem solving
- Ability to use technology and analytics in problem solving
- Strong Execution skills
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Risk Assessment