- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Due Diligence
- Risk Assessment
HK - GF - Compliance Officer
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Formulate and develop relevant compliance policies & procedures, including AML & Sanctions program, to ensure compliance with local country business environment/needs and local regulatory requirements.
- Assist in coordination of and for monitoring AML & sanctions compliance based on policies, procedures, standards and guidelines set forth by Global, Regional, Country, business and/or product.
- Perform ongoing assessment of AML & sanctions, reporting and escalation of significant issues and any material matters that require immediate attention to Country AMLCO, region and global senior accordingly in particular where there is negative impact to the organization and/or franchise
- Prepare and submit AML/sanctions reports based on standards set forth by region and global compliance, identifying and tracking unique AML requirements within country/businesses and/or modifying the processes to meet local needs without compromising controls.
- Maintain knowledge of the compliance requirements of US sanctions through periodic review of information distributed by Sanctions Compliance in NY & seeking assistance when needed from Sanctions Compliance contacts in NY and Region Compliance.
- AML/Sanctions oversight on policies and guidelines set forth for the country/businesses. Acting as liaison between businesses, functions, regional AML and other regional functions to ensure that a balance is adequately maintained.
- Ensuring that changes to the local AML/Sanctions regulations be reviewed, analyzed, tracked and embedded in the required processes within the country/businesses in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to employees regarding application of US Sanctions to their business activities and responsibilities, and referring issues to Region or NY experts when appropriate, and to conduct or assist with employee training
- Ensure that the country's businesses have procedures for sanctions screening (at account opening, when adding signatories, for operations (e.g., funds transfers)) as judged necessary based on a risk assessment, and on a periodic basis for the account base. To ensure deficiencies are identified and alternative controls are implemented.
- Review Customer Acquisition Due Diligence for high risk customers
- Work closely with AML/Sanctions Compliance Officers from other countries, geographic regions and Global AML staff to coordinate regional and global investigations, name searches and projects.
- Conduct relevant compliance training and regular update to BUCO
- Conduct independent Risk and Control Self Assessment on AML/Sanctions processes within organization
- Monitor the business' self-testing for AML/Sanctions compliance and any corrective action
- Bachelor's Degree or above
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in accounting, commerce or legal.
- Minimum 6 years of financial industry experience
- Management experience with regulatory and compliance risk including interacting with senior management
- Prior experience in handling anti-money laundering legal and compliance issues
- Excellent written and spoken English language skills.
- Proactive and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work with a minimum level of supervision and a team player
- In-depth knowledge of local banking rules and regulations
- In-depth knowledge of banking products and services
- In-depth knowledge of anti-money laundering laws, rules and regulations
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|