HK - CPB - Investment Finance Senior Business Manager/COO
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The Business Manager is required to support the Investment Finance Regional Head to ensure that the day-to-day operation of the business is conducted in an efficient, productive and controlled manner. The person must be able to engage with and provide support to all parts of the IF team and engender change when needed. This is a demanding role in which judgment will be needed and the ability to provide effective interface with all levels within the IF and wider Citigroup organization. The Business Manager must be able to work in a cross functional team environment and create the right link between control, risk and business development.
- Support the Investment Finance Regional Head in the ongoing monitoring of Investment Finance (IF) business practices ensuring appropriate implementation and alignment with applicable policies and procedures.
This will include:
- Oversight and coordination of credit administration and portfolio management practices and procedures
- Provide oversight / supervision of the credit administration staff
- Pipeline management
- Assist budget planning and reporting
- Responsible for Continuity of Business for IF, Information Security, SLAs and ICSAs
- Audit and Fundamental Credit Risk coordination and preparation
- Responsible for Managed Control Assessment implementation and ongoing monitoring and self-testing within IF
- Monitor adherence to mandatory leave policy and mandatory training requirements
- Reviewing and adjusting ongoing business practices, process enhancements and re-engineering, as required
- Ensuring issues identified in the IF practice are adequately addressed and appropriate corrective actions taken.
- Coordination with other parts of the organization and ensuring definition, delivery and implementation of required solutions.
- Driving through global and regional business initiatives and coordinating all required aspects of initiative and project development and roll-out.
The role will have a matrix reporting into the Global Investment Finance Chief Operating Officer and require working with the following teams and functions; Risk Management and Business Risk & Control, Fundamental Credit Risk, Audit, Compliance and Legal, Operations and Technology, Marketing and Product
- A minimum of 10 years in the financial sector
- Private Banking / Credit experience would be preferred
- Experience in managing cross-disciplinary initiatives and projects
- Clear understanding and good grasp of relevant compliance and regulatory aspects applicable to the Private banking / Investment Finance sector
- Good knowledge of relevant CPB and Credit policies and procedures
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Good execution and negotiation skills
- Strong initiative and interactive approach to problem solving
- Display flexibility and independence in a demanding environment
- Comfortable in setting their own agenda and syndicating support from others to execute
- Credit Risk
- Information Security
- Risk Management