- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Relationship Management
- Team Management
HK - Citi Commercial Bank - Documentation Team Head
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Citi® Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, Small to Medium sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that brings simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The Hong Kong CCB targets clients with revenues between $10M – $1B and support a range of financial solutions: term and working capital financing, treasury solutions, foreign exchange and trade services.
We’re looking for a Team Head to join our world-class team and manage the Documentation Team.
You will manage the commercial loan documentation team. This team is part of the Citi Commercial Bank which specializes in providing trade finance, working capital finance and treasury solutions for the Small and Medium Enterprise clients in Hong Kong. Our documentation team performs the critical work of ensuring that documentation is prepared consistent with approval terms, local laws, and regulatory requirements. This team is also responsible for collateral record management, managing details of support providers, and handling of the government guarantee renewal process.
A successful Documentation Team Head should embody Forward Compatibility attributes to spur growth and innovation, including adaptability, boldness, curiosity, collaboration, determination and empathy while also demonstrating the following Leadership Standards:
Develops our People: Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
Drives Value for Clients: Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
Works as a Partner: Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients
Champions Progress: Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy
Lives our Values: Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
Delivers Results: Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
A successful Documentation Team Head has the following skills:
- Understanding of the part they play in building a strong CCB culture that enables our teams to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial organizational structure and add value by bringing an optimistic, proactive approach to the work they do
- Initiative to go beyond immediate business silos to build a professional network
- Organizational focus to prioritize and timely processes incoming documentation requests, checking details of approval package
- Develop in depth knowledge of Citi credit policies and procedures and applicable local and U.S. regulations to assist the Business in achieving compliance and satisfactory internal and external audit results
- Resilience to adjust plans and priorities when necessary to meet evolving client and business needs
- Embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients while continuing to generate ideas for improving lending process efficiency
- Work closely with Relationship Managers, Credit Analysts and other key business partners to review credit approval documentation and coordinate preparation of facility letters and other documents.
- Proactively participate in training and mentorship programs to expand skill set and network achieve position for long-term success within the Citi Commercial Bank.
Typically, someone in this role has the following experience:
- Degree holder with a minimum of 10+ years of commercial banking experience in relationship management, operations, credit and risk with strong negotiation skill, and direct experience preparing and review commercial loan documentation.
- 2+ years of team management experience
- Possess strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to process and prioritize complex information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with Legal, Sales and Risk colleagues to resolve issues and make decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work independently and in a team with high degree of accountability and a positive attitude
- Familiarity with MS software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
- Good command of English, Cantonese, and Mandarin
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|