- Business Development
- Financial Analysis
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word
- Relationship Management
HK- Citi Commercial Bank – CLM – Manager, Credit Portfolio Analyst
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Citi® Commercial Bank (CCB) is part of Citi, a leading global financial services company, which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in over 160 countries and jurisdictions. CCB embodies our unique purpose as a global bank of choice for trade-oriented, Small to Medium sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that brings simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision. The Hong Kong CCB targets clients with revenues between $10M – $1B and support a range of financial solutions: term and working capital financing, treasury solutions, foreign exchange and trade services.
We’re looking for a Credit Analyst to join our world-class team in Commercial Lending Management.
You will be a member of the Commercial Lending Management Unit. This team is part of the Citi Commercial Bank which specializes in providing trade finance, working capital finance and treasury solutions for the Small and Medium Enterprise clients in Hong Kong. Our Credit Analysts and Approvers perform the critical work of ensuring that the fundamentals of our client solutions are sound. They are the foundation of our Citi Commercial Bank business today, and the pipeline from which we’ll grow our next generation of leaders. We nurture their skills and talents over time, giving them opportunities to develop successful careers.
Successful Credit Analysts should embody Forward Compatibility attributes to spur growth and innovation, including adaptability, boldness, curiosity, collaboration, determination and empathy while also demonstrating the following Leadership Standards:
Develops our People:
Builds talent and teams for Citi by creating a culture of meritocracy and transparency, and celebrating excellence, initiative and courage
Drives Value for Clients:
Enables economic value and positive social impact for clients, companies, governments, and communities
Works as a Partner:
Works collaboratively across the firm and encourages others to achieve the best results for Citi and our clients
Champions a culture of high standards, pushes for progress, embraces change and challenges the status quo in support of Citi’s vision and global strategy
Lives our Values:
Ensures systematically responsible outcomes while driving performance and balancing short and long term risks
Sets high standards and achieves performance objectives by creating a clear path toward ethical and sustainable results
As a member of the Citi Commercial Bank Commercial Lending Management Unit, you will be responsible for underwriting and assessing credit proposals and transactions submitted by Relationship Managers to ensure compliance with the bank's credit policies and procedures, risk acceptance criteria, and regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for managing the credit quality of a portfolio of clients, completing annual reviews and performing ongoing credit risk monitoring to identify potential problems or concerns. During the course of underwriting new requests and managing the credit portfolio, you will also participate in client calls with the Relationship Managers and Sales Team Heads.
A successful Credit Analyst has the following skills:
- Understanding of the part they play in building a strong CCB culture that enables our teams to deliver remarkable experiences to our clients
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial organizational structure and add value by bringing an optimistic, proactive approach to the work they do
- Initiative to go beyond immediate business silos to build a professional network
- Organizational focus to prioritize and timely processes incoming credit requests, checking completion of package received from RM and ensure timely completion of CAs with strong attention to details
- Strong analytical skills with ability to process and prioritize complex information
- Develop in depth knowledge of Citi credit policies and procedures and applicable local and U.S. regulations to assist the Business in achieving compliance and satisfactory internal and external audit results
- Resilience to adjust plans and priorities when necessary to meet evolving client and business needs
- Embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients while continuing to generate ideas for improving lending process efficiency
- Conduct research on prevailing industry and market conditions that are key inputs into the CCB’s business development activities
- Work closely with Relationship Managers and other key business partners to review credit applications for commercial borrowing clients, including performing credit and financial analysis, providing recommendations, and approving credit requests
- Proactively participate in training and mentorship programs to expand skill set and network achieve position for long-term success within the Citi Commercial Bank
Typically, someone in this role has the following experience:
Degree holder, preferably in finance or accounting, with a minimum of 5-8 years of commercial credit and risk experience, including relationship management experience with direct experience preparing and finalizing credit proposals
Possess strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with ability to process and prioritize complex information
Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with Sales and Risk team to resolve issues and make decisions in a timely and efficient manner.
Ability to work independently and in a team with high degree of accountability and a positive attitude
Familiarity with MS software applications such as Word, Excel, etc.
Good command of English, Cantonese, and Mandarin
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|