You may also like
Assistant Public Affairs Manager - FMCG, MNC
Corporate Communications Manager (agencies wanted) $45K
Corporate Communications Manager (luxury, MNC corporation) $45K
Corporate Communications Manager $45K
Celestial Asia Securities Holdings (CASH Group)
- Corporate Communications
- Annual Reports
- Business Strategy
- Corporate Communications
- Project Management
- Social Media
HK APAC Corporate Affairs Director Communications and External Relations
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Responsible Businesses/Areas: Primarily TTS, Private Bank and Markets external communications. The role will be called upon to support franchise communications or issues management as they arise. Will also have to liaise and colleagues and support where necessary the country PAO teams, global and other regions.
Overall Media Management:
- Operate as a key media contact for all issues relating to Private Bank, TTS and Markets
- Develop and present persuasive media proposals to product teams resulting in high share of voice
- Identify, refine and implement key messages to ensure organizational consistency and adherence to public disclosure policy.
- Manage media and blogger relations, pitch stories and track results.
- Stay abreast of emerging financial sector legislation, competitive activities. Advise senior management and approved spokespeople on media opportunities and issues as they develop
- Build and maintain a strong network of contacts across the internal client base and financial media (traditional and social media)
- Provide media training for spokesmen and participate in media interviews.
- Support the preparation/editing of written materials for external constituents (award pitches, joint statements, annual report)
- Manage crisis scenarios – provide strategic advice to management and handle media enquiries
- 10-15 years’ experience in Media and Regional Corporate Communications.
- Strong pre-existing relationships with business journalists, editors and bloggers (print and broadcast) in key media organizations.
- Expert writing and editing experience for editorial usage.
- Knowledge and experience in online news media portals.
- Fluent in English. Additional language skills an advantage in particular Mandarin
- Relevant degree
- Outstanding written English skills
- Understanding of how media works and editorial news value.
- Use creative approaches and understands how to break down complex technical information (such as personal finance) in an accessible way for mass media readers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of media and its relevance to Citi.
- Understanding of macroeconomic indicators (GDP growth, consumption etc)
- Understanding of the business goals and objectives for each business line.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of each major business line.
- Detail orientation: analytical, project management, organizational and persuasion skills.
- Deadline driven and ease in working multiple projects with competing needs
- Energetic, team player
- Enthusiasm and commitment to position and a long-term career in corporate affairs
- Ability to interface with a broad network of sophisticated communicators and business professionals – regional/global.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|