You may also like
Client Services Director
Bridges Executive Centre
- Business Development
Customer Relationship Specialist
Konew Financial Express
- Customer Service
Manager, Middle officer - Trade Commodities Operation- Banking
Business Manager, AVP / VP - Private Bank
Business Manager, VP - Private Banking
Head of Stock Lending Middle Office
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Responsible for providing support to the Stock loan Desk, Funding Desk, Prime Brokerage Client, and various operations teams within Prime Finance and Equities, and non-trading risks occurring within Prime Finance.
The primary role will incorporate all aspects of Equity Prime Brokerage operational client service and Stock Lending activities – covering trade handling, position coverage, fails management, account management, funding, exposure and collateral management.
This is a client focused role with large volumes & quick turnarounds.
Prime Finance Middle Office supports the IPB and Stock Lending Business, and is part of the overall Prime Finance Business unit.
The PFMO department consists of SBL, Funding, International Prime Brokerage, Margin/Collateral Management, Prime Custody, and Synthetic ETFs products.
The successful candidate will cover a number of markets and client accounts, and will be the main point of contact for all operational queries related to the day-to-day duties.
The successful candidate will interact closely with clients and internally across Front Office, Middle Office and Operations.
Generally, the successful candidate will do the following:
- Main point of contact for client/administrator operational queries
- Documentation and publication of MIS where required
- Completion of all daily processes and controls including ad hoc tasks that may be assigned
- Trade handling across equity finance including trade processing, fail and short cover, exposures and collateral management, recalls/replacements, and borrow returns
- Main point of contact for operational/desk SBL queries
- Review exposures/margin
- Provide SBL MO support for all APAC markets
- Management of client settlement activity, liaising with settlements and clients to resolve any issues
- Prefer University/College graduate or above; will consider depending on level of experience
- Experience in Margin Calculation, Reconciliation & Control process is preferred
- Self-motivated individual who is an experienced problem solver
- Must work well under tight deadline and high pressure
- Solid market knowledge for some or all the Pac Rim markets
- Good understanding of Bloomberg
- Rounded product knowledge of Prime Finance products, especially equities, swaps, futures, options and derivatives
- Good understanding of corporate events and asset servicing
- At least 1 year or above experience in Prime Brokerage, and/or Reconciliation and Control functions
- Knowledge on operational support with settlement experience in Global markets is preferred but not essential