You may also like
Assistant Vice President / Vice President, Business Performance and Cost Management, Business Finance - CBG and Wealth Management
Vice President & Team Manager / Vice President, Institutional Banking Group 3
- Credit Analysis
Corporate Investment Bank, Market Risk Coverage – APAC Equities – Vice President / Executive Director
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Fixed Income
CIB Operations - Wholesale Client Onboarding - APAC KYC Training Delivery Manager - Senior Associate / Vice President - Hong Kong / Singapore
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
Legal - Assistant Vice President or Vice President – Senior Counsel or Assistant General Counsel – Markets & Regulatory Legal Team
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Equity Derivatives
- Capital Markets
- Equity Analysis
GF - Assistant Vice President, APAC Control Group
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The APAC ICRM Control Group is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the Firm's various information barriers or ‘Chinese Walls’ which operate between the Firm’s public and private side businesses, which are designed to prevent the misuse of material non-public information ("MNPI") or inside information and ensure compliance with internal policies, external regulation and legal requirements.
The team is responsible for identifying potential conflicts of interest and following close analysis and discussion, taking action to avoid conflicting activities between the Firm’s various businesses. The team also provides advisory support in relation to regulatory requirements to business employees across Asia Pacific, including research analysts, investment bankers and sales & trading staff.
The Asia Pacific team works closely on a regular basis with the wider global Control Group teams (based in Belfast, New York and Tokyo) as well as with external legal counsel across the regions, tracking legal and regulatory changes across the globe in order to keep conflict management systems and policies up to date.
The Asia Pacific Control Group has a presence in Hong Kong, Mumbai and Sydney.
Citi’s ICRM department provides compliance coverage for a wide range of financial products and services spanning Citi’s Asia Pacific business regions.
A leading provider of financial services and investment banking opportunities to financial institutions and corporate clients, governments and retail banking clients and with a global presence spanning 100 countries and a legacy reaching back over 200 years Citi is uniquely qualified to provide services to clients with both local and cross border interests.
In particular Citi Research produces research on securities and provides this research to institutional clients. The Control Group reviews the research products before they are sent to clients to identify and address any problematic legal, regulatory and reputational issues.
Additionally Citi Corporate Finance businesses throughout Asia Pacific undertake a variety of sensitive and confidential transactions. To comply with relevant law and regulation the Control Group is responsible for maintaining details of sensitive transactions on the Firm’s watch and restricted lists. An appropriate determination as to the transactions’ characteristics and associated choice of watch and restricted list category is a key part of the function.
- Working with the Firm’s Investment Banking and Capital Markets professionals to review advisory and financing transaction for conflicts of interest, to conduct materiality assessments and maintain watch and restricted lists
- Working with the Firm’s Research division to provide advice on regulatory matters in relation to research product (e.g. Investor Education Research and ordinary course research publication) as well as managing the process for interaction between bankers and analysts in capital formation under the Firm’s policies and procedures
- Provide ad-hoc advisory services to the business to address and implement Information Barrier procedures throughout the Firm, including providing input into global, regional and local policies and procedures
- Review research product prior to publication in order to identify and address any problematic legal, regulatory and reputational issues
- Maintenance of the Control Group logs (for example on Information Barrier breaches)
- Managing wall-crossings for public-side employees who may become involved in private side transactions
- Undertake training and development programs for the relevant business on relevant requirements and practices
- Provide assistance on ad-hoc projects
The role offers exposure to a wide number of equity research and corporate finance products enabling the job holder to develop a sophisticated understanding of the business functions and the relevant legal and regulatory environment. As the role develops, the job holder will gain increased autonomy and benefit from wider analytical responsibility and the appropriate application of and advice in relevant law and regulation.
- Minimum 3-5 years working experience in financial institutions with a background in Legal/Compliance or in-house / private practice counsel with exposure to investment banking activities
- Control group / investment banking / research / markets compliance experience preferred
- Self-starter who can identify problems and develop solutions with limited recourse to the rest of the team
- Work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Self-confident and able to prioritise own work flow and assist with the priorities of others
- Highly computer literate
- A team player, adhering to shift patterns without fail and ensuring appropriate alternate cover is in place in the event of unavoidable absences
- Strong attention to detail and high levels of accuracy, and accurate and efficient turnaround of tasks and projects
- Willingness to assume responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills
- Flexible to react to changing priorities including working extra hours when required
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff at all levels
- Educated to degree level preferably in Law/Economics/Finance or similar.
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Detail & Accuracy
- Team Working
- Organization, time management, ability to work to deadlines
- Flexibility to react to changing priorities
- Punctual attendance
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|