- Corporate Communications
- Project Management
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Management
- Wealth Management
GCG - Regional Sales Practices Review – PMO Support Analyst (AVP/VP)
Location: APAC-Hong Kong SAR of PRC
Citi’s Asia Consumer Bank serves more than 120 cities in 17 of the fastest-growing markets in the region. Citi offers a diversified range of products ranging from retail banking, wealth management, insurance, mortgage, Citi branded cards and loans to our 17 million clients. With more than a century of enviable brand and market leadership, we are competitively well-positioned to grow a high quality customer base that benefits most from our capabilities.
Regional Program Overview
Recently there have been a number of inappropriate sales practice incidents surfacing from various banking institutions, of which the sales practice wrong doing by Wells Fargo is the most prominent and widely reported in the media. These incidents included opening bank accounts, provisioning credit cards and moving money between customer accounts and signing customers up for online banking services – all without customer authorisation, in order to meet sales targets. It is understood that these issues reflect serious flaws in the internal culture, compensation models, day-to-day business controls and the governance and oversight practices at Wells Fargo.
Given this, GCB is conducting an internal review of sales practices to confirm that the types of issue identified at Wells Fargo could not occur at Citi. This will be a global review across 3 phases:
Phase I: Determine if there are systemic or bank-specific issues with regard to bank employees opening accounts on behalf of consumer and small business customers without the customer's consent.
Phase 2: Evaluate sales goals, strategies, and incentive compensation and quota programs to ensure they appropriately balance sales and revenue targets with risk management and customer satisfaction and impact.
Phase 3: Determine if banks subject to the OCC's Heightened Standards have risk governance frameworks that effectively control the risks associated with sales practices and incentive compensation and quota programs.
For Phase 1 of this Review, GCB will focus on the consumer and small business products across 5 distinct but interconnected Workstreams (WS). The 5 Workstreams are as follows:
- WS #1 – Account Opening and Closing Process
- WS #2 – Employee Separation Processes
- WS #3 – Employee Complaint Processes
- WS #4 – Employee Misconduct Assessment
- WS #5 – Employee Misconduct Analysis and Reporting
This is a critical program that has CEO and board level visibility due to the sensitivities around Citi’s reputational standing given the recent issues that have been identified in other leading banks.
Role of the Regional PMO Support Analyst for the Regional Project Management Office (PMO)
The PMO Support Analyst is accountable for executing key deliverables within the project office for the Asia and EMEA region of 17 markets across the 5 different Workstreams committed by the Business.
Working with the Manager of the PMO to ensure that the program is completed on time, on budget and all program deliverables meet the expectations and commitments made by the Program Team.
This role requires development and execution of program strategies for a large/complex business requiring coordination and integration across regional units (i.e. Customer Franchise/Customer Acquisition/Compliance etc.).The role is accountable for overseeing, facilitating and tracking the development of all key deliverables for the program.
This is a C12/C13 role and reports into the Manager of the Regional PMO for the Sales Practices Review.
This is a multi year role - as the Workstream is closed, the same approach will be adapted and deployed to other critical processes within the businesses or subsequent Workstreams for additional phases.
One of the key challenges is to establish an effective Regional PMO very quickly to support the execution across the 17 countries in APAC/EMEA and the 5 workstreams. Initially, there will be no resources in place and the entire program infrastructure needs to be built out so that the program deliverables can be achieved on time and on budget.
Establishing the Regional Program:
- Supporting the Regional Program Leader in the development of the deployment strategy and guiding principles for the program
- Liaising with key team members to define the program structure, scope, approach, milestones and key deliverables
Executing the Regional Program:
- Executing key deliverables and ensuring they are completed to the required standard
- Ensuring that the broader program deliverables and milestones are completed on time
- Managing the relationships with key stakeholders from the within the program team, and partners across Compliance, HR and Legal and other supporting functions
- Implementing key communications internally within the program team and externally to stakeholders and other interested parties
- Identifying and resolving key issues and removing barriers to program success
Building the Governance and Controls to Support the Regional Program:
- Implement status reports for the program in terms of progress of all deliverables versus the budget utilized
- Collaborate with SME’s during quality assurance reviews to ensure the highest standard for all project deliverables
The ideal candidate will have more than 15 years experience within banking of which should include:
- More than 5 years experience working on non IT related projects or large scale change programs
- more than 2 years exposure working in close partnership with Operational Risk Management, Compliance and Audit Functions.
- Any formal qualifications in project management (e.g. PMP, APMP or PRINCE2) will be an advantage but not mandatory.
- Proven experience of executing deliverables within a large and complex PMO’s covering complex projects across multiple geographies and multiple work streams
- Previous experience should include a multi geography exposure / remit and understanding across Asia and preferably EMEA.
- The ideal candidate should have strong partnering and negotiating abilities/skills and experience in dealing with senior management teams.
- The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of controls and risks associated with the consumer products
- The individual/scope of work should have considerable experience in establishing, executing and building governance and controls within the consumer banking space
- Strong and resourceful problem solver who can manage issues including project related defects working with the various partners
- Team player with a strong sense of competing priorities and the interests of various stakeholders with an ability to negotiate, persuade and adapt
- Ability to negotiate with and influence key business partners
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to communicate effectively with all senior internal stakeholders
- Ability to work with virtual teams, and delivering results both as an individual and through virtual teams
- Demonstrate through delivery of projects the ability to motivate and influence business partners to deliver on milestones/commitments
- Willingness to travel, as required
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|