- Bill Payment
- Contract Negotiation
- Corporate Communications
- Cost Analysis
- Database Administration
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Project Management
- Relationship Management
Event Marketing Project Manager, Assistant Vice President, Hong Kong
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Develop and execute event projects - responsible for seamless event execution and assist with event queries, policies and external resource planning.
- Strong event marketing skill-sets and experience.
- Supports cross-business event marketing needs including new initiatives and projects.
- Partners with GEM peers within the APAC region and across the global network.
- Partner with GEM/business stakeholders and provide event marketing planning and execution support.
- Collaborate on event marketing project objectives and strategies, program content, and methods to evaluate overall event value to the host business.
- Support and develop creative solutions and fresh approaches to producing events that meet all marketing requirements while leveraging and maintaining the marketing, branding and financial goals of Citi.
- Provide support to GEM Business Unit Managers (BUMs) on event marketing projects including planning and execution of assigned Citi meetings & events.
- Take full responsibility for the planning and management of any independent meetings and event projects that may be assigned from time to time.
- Support/manage all components of project budgets, including the approval process and risk controls.
- Manage the design elements of marketing material associated with programs including event websites, save the dates, invitations, etc.
- Collaborate with internal website developers to manage invitations, online registration and client data.
- Support/manage vendor relationships and drive superior results through proper management of RFP process.
- Assist and coordinate with all pre-event detailing including site selection, contract negotiation, cost analysis, group activities, staging, and food and beverage services.
- Manage all logistical details pertaining to event presenters including audio visual requirements, travel, accommodations and on-site logistics, and coordination of materials.
- Provide detailed communication to venues including logistics, event briefs, BEO’s, billing instructions, rooming list, and attendee manifests.
- Develop and review all logistical materials to be distributed to participants on-site including welcome letters, departure notices, seating cards, etc.
- Assist the GEM BUMs in managing program details, including meeting room set-up, audio visual, registration/ hospitality, food functions, on-site staff, speaker coordination and transportation.
- Supervise on-site staff in all facets of event execution.
- Plan and manage all tasks assigned by the BUMs/ Sr. Project Managers.
- Assist the GEM BUMs/Sr. Project Managers with the event close out process in line with Global Event Marketing’s policies and procedures, including invoice payment and final budget reconciliation.
- Support with post event summary and communications.
- Generate ROI reporting and metrics.
- Opportunities to work on projects across APAC region to broaden global skill sets.
- Opportunities to work and partner on Global projects.
- Opportunities to take on additional or expanded responsibilities within GEM or Executive Services
Qualifications and Experience:
Strong C-Suite client relationship management skills with proven success in being customer-focused; ability to interact effectively with senior leadership and to develop constructive relationships with more senior colleagues
Strong negotiation and communication skills
Must have proficiency in spoken and written English
Flexibility in work hours - must be able to work non-traditional hours and weekends, and have a flexible travel schedule when required.
Collaborative "team player" orientation with a strong regional cultural awareness
Minimum 5+ years in Event Marketing, preferably in financial services
Minimum of 3 years senior project management experience
Extensive knowledge of destinations and meeting industry, particularly throughout the Asia Pacific (APAC) region
Marketing and/ or Advertising or Hospitality background will be a plus
Knowledge of event trends that affect financial services industry and conference centers; read financial and marketing publications, keep current on cultural and sporting events and restaurant reviews to ensure ideas are innovative
High level of computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, knowledge of database management
Willing to travel up to 30% of time
Skills and Competencies:
Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Excellent time management skills to support or handle projects that have long and short lead times
Strong relationship management skills with colleagues of all levels; proven success in being people-focused
Good procurement and negotiation skills with quantitative and analytical skills.
Highly customer focused with the ability to promote a high-service culture within the team.
Excellent communication skills, with experience communicating and managing at a senior level.
Demonstrated leadership and management skills
Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|