- Project Management
Event Marketing Project Coordinator, Assistant Manager, Hong Kong
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The candidate will provide event marketing project management towards corporate meetings and events, and related administrative support. Event Marketing activities include planning and execution of client and internal meetings and events as assigned. The candidate will be responsible for seamless event execution and for timely and accurate completion of all planning, logistics arrangements, project coordination and reporting related to meetings & events.
The position is based full time in Hong Kong and will report to the Hong Kong Unit Head, Global Event Marketing, Citi.
· Execute best-in-class events for Citi working across various businesses and function lines to support their objectives including conferences & seminars, incentive events, trade shows, dinners and receptions, townhalls, sponsorship activation, senior visits, client offsite events, etc. Manage small/ mid-size events independently.
· Manage & arrange all logistics, vendors, venues and negotiated budgets for assigned projects
· Liaise directly with businesses to support them and provide tactical recommendations around their event programs.
· Communicate and adhere to Citi policies as well as Global Event Marketing policies and best practices
· Manage financial reporting and required administrative documentation for assigned events/projects.
· Provide event marketing related administrative support including, but not limited to event vendor bidding process, vendor set-up, payment, etc.
· Support the team for all assigned projects including any key regional and global initiatives
· Direct and close liaison with the project manager and provide support on a range of events which could also be across the APAC region
· Suggest most appropriate vendors, venues and event program to create creative yet cost effective solutions
· Organization of all event logistics - hotel accommodation, venue, banqueting, print, design, staging, entertainment, technical, etc.
· Detailed budgeting, pre-event and post event costing, focus on negotiation and cost saves
· Managing the administrative process for the team, which includes ensuring payment of invoices, and finalizing event audit files
· Liaison with clients / attendees as required
· Total project management for assigned portfolio of event projects from inception to completion
· Carrying out site-inspection trips and provide on-site management of events
· Strong C-Suite (e.g., CEO/ Senior Management level) client relationship management skills with proven success in being customer-focused; ability to interact effectively with senior leadership and to develop constructive relationships with more senior colleagues
· Strong negotiation and communication skills
· Flexibility in work hours - must be able to work non-traditional hours and weekends, and have a flexible travel schedule when required.
· Collaborative "team player" orientation with a strong regional cultural awareness.
· University degree or equivalent
· 3-5 years Event Marketing/ Event Management experience with a multi-national company or an established Event/ PR agency. Financial Services background would be an advantage.
· Minimum of 2 years project management experience is desirable.
· High level of computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, knowledge of database management
· Willing to travel up to 30% of time
· Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent time management skills to handle projects that have long and short lead times.
· Strong relationship management skills with colleagues of all levels; proven success in being people-focused.
· Good procurement and negotiation skills with quantitative and analytical skills.
· Highly customer focused with the ability to be a team-player and ensure a high-service culture within the team.
· Excellent communication skills, with experience communicating and managing at a senior level.
· Self-motivation, enthusiasm, commitment and positive attitude.
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and reporting skills.
· Languages (Fluent in English and Cantonese. Mandarin Chinese also preferable)
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|