Developer - Equities Technology Team
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- This role is within the Electronic Equities group in Asia, the candidate will work with the team of developers who manage the product.
- The candidate will need at least 5 years of experience in Java with prior experience in front office technology.
- The role will include working with the front office business and collaborating with other development teams (middle office, back office and operations).
- The successful candidate will be expected to actively participate in analysis, design, reviews, coding and testing of the platform.
- The candidate will join an existing team based in Hong Kong, as part of the global team located across London, New York, Hong Kong and India
- Responsible for designing and developing technology solutions for the Electronic Equities business, addressing technical queries and resolving production issues as required
- Work closely with the business users to understand requirements and deliver to the requirements.
- Collaborate with other implementation teams inside the organization
- Experience in front office trading applications, order management systems, Market making, FIX protocol.
- Excellent knowledge of Java, Multithreading, Thread-Pools and Generic Programming with strong OOP and OOAD skills
- Experienced in developing real time low latency applications
- Exposure to or experience in message driven architecture
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with globally distributed teams
- Experience/Understanding of KDB will be a plus
- Hands-on experience in Python will be a plus
- Demonstrates effective analysis and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to comply on priorities and multiple project deadlines
- Ability to work in an agile environment
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs
- Valuing Diversity:
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce
- Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success
- Algorithmic Trading
- C (Programming Language)
- Machine Learning
- Object-oriented Design