- Capital Markets
- Equity Analysis
- Fund Accounting
- Hedge Funds
- Market Research
Citi Markets - Equity Salesperson - Hong Kong
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Market to Institutional Clients, and form robust relationships
- Provide an informed view on our research, balancing local markets and products with global trends and exposure.
- Market and sell our insightful and original market research on major companies and sectors within Asia’s equity markets especially HK and China markets.
- In addition, provide insights into major global themes and how they impact Asia’s corporates.
- Maintain and develop a personal client franchise by building strong relationships with our key buy-side customers by continuously providing insightful commentary on our research product and market dynamics.
- While our product is highly fundamental, we seek to find a balance between long only and hedge fund accounts.
- Work closely with the research team to increase their exposure to key buy-side analysts, PMs and CIOs with Global investment mandates.
- Build close and cooperative relationships with equity research and sales trading staff.
- Help drive the business’s focus on large cap equities, whilst retaining a keen focus on industry expertise that will allow broader insights into small and mid-cap companies within our key sectors.
- A history of solid, if not outstanding academic achievement, ideally with distinction would be advantageous.
- High quality written and spoken English are essential. Asian language skills would be an added benefit.
- Fluent Mandarin would be an added benefit
- A thorough understanding of Asia’s economies and capital markets and a perspective versus its peers globally.
- A strong historical record of successfully selling ‘in house’ research is absolutely a must. A strong ‘research-oriented‘ salesperson is our primary requirement, not a ‘trader’.
- The successful candidate should have 5+ years of relevant experience with direct responsibility for equities sales.
- Ideally, the candidate will have a number of strong existing relationships, commensurate to his/her experience.
- Ideally, the candidate will have Asian markets experience, and a strong understanding of China.
- Client interaction on a regular basis, presenting ideas and articulating them effectively in order to gain business.
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate his/her ideas clearly and concisely in English.
- Account management skills that effectively bring both macro and micro information together.
- A strong ability to add value through the generation of ideas and strategies.
- Comfortable working in a stressful environment.
- A driven, highly organized, confident individual who can represent Citi well to its external client base.
- An articulate individual who can successfully communicate with research, sales & trading teams, verbally and in writing.
- Able to address the overall picture whilst demonstrating a detailed approach to individual companies.
- Must display confidence and demonstrate a strong ability to think laterally.
- A self-motivated, self-starter with an appropriate level of humility.
- Ideally, someone with strong commercial acumen who is not afraid of working in a boutique environment.
- A team player that is driven and anxious to advance his/her career within a leading financial institution.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|