- Business Development
- Capital Markets
- Client Management
- Credit Risk
- Deal Structuring
- Fixed Income
- Market Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Product Development
- Product Management
- Project Finance
- Project Management
Capital Markets Origination - Issuer Services Product Manager Depositary Receipts Asia Hong Kong VP
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Citi's Capital Markets Origination division is comprised of over 20 different groups, many of which are hybrids between Investment Banking and Sales & Trading. This unique mix of groups drives the fixed income and equities markets by providing products and liquidity for our clients. Typical responsibilities of Capital Markets Origination includes managing overall fixed income and equity relationships as well as dialogue with corporate clients; originating, marketing, structuring and executing fixed income and equity transactions; and demonstrating ways to limit interest rate and credit risk through the use of derivatives
- The Issuer Services business delivers bespoke capital market transaction services to a wide variety of clients including banks, corporations, lawyers and governments around the world. Specific transaction services are delivered in connection with Corporate Debt, Restructuring, Structured Finance, M&A, Project Finance and Depositary Receipts transactions.
- Depositary Receipts is one of two businesses that make up the Issuer Services business. It is a global business that services depositary receipts programs from over 60 countries. Additionally, it utilizes its platform for depositary notes programs for sovereign debt.
- Regional Product and Implementation Manager role for Issuer Services – Depositary Receipts business. A regional product manager with responsibilities for new product development and existing product enhancements the Asia Pacific depositary receipts franchise.
- The primary purpose of the position is to develop depositary receipt products for Asia with specific focus on China, lead identified product development initiatives, and manage business development opportunities by working with the local Sales Managers that support the product across the Asian market.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Work with regional sales, and business head to develop strategy and key initiatives to continue to grow Asia business
- Identify, analyze and implement new product/market development opportunities working with country sales and product partners to grow the scope of the product in Asia
- Develop positioning of Asia franchise to key customer and influencer segments and distribution channels, and ensure positioning is reflected in sales and product collateral materials
- Interact with clients, prospects and market participants to promote the product in Asia with particular focus in China
- Manage any local regulatory issues, ensuring compliance with regulations
- Interact with Global Product team to ensure implementation of global standards
- Proactive approach to promoting and marketing our services by hosting training and industry seminars as appropriate to raise product awareness
- Candidate must be able to successfully work with other product managers, as well as sales and operations teams. Position will liaise with other regions (NA, EMEA and Latam) to share knowledge and best practices.
Candidate Specifications/Desired Qualifications/Job Challenges:
- A deep understanding of depositary receipts and equity structuring generally
- Understanding of market participants and regulators with an emphasis on China
- Strong product management, project management and product development experience
- Excellent analytical and strategic thinking skills are essential
- The candidate should be self-motivated and be able to work on a stand-alone basis
- Very strong client management and product management skills
- Ability to produce high quality, accurate presentation materials for internal and external use and have very strong
- Strong communication skills in English and Mandarin, both written and verbal are critical
- Excellent PC skills with specific emphasis on presentation and written client materials.
- Ability to understand complex Capital Markets deal structures and build creative solutions for clients
- Team player with ability to build and maintain internal and external client network
- Bachelors degree, Post-grad degree a plus
- 5-10 years of strong and consistent work experience in the areas noted above
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|