You may also like
IT Support / App Support - 15-21k + 4-6 months bonus
Desktop Support Engineer
Royale International Couriers
- Active Directory
- Database Administration
Network Engineer (Security)
IT Support [Banking & Finance]
- Fixed Income
- Market Data
- Perl Programming
- Project Management
AVP Market Data Support Specialist
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Applications Support Senior Analyst
Overview of Citi:
Citi, is the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Citi is deeply embedded in the financial services sector and is represented in nearly every asset-class. Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Global Consumer Banking, International Personal Bank, Citi Global Wealth Management and Citi Private Bank are all leaders in their respective fields, contributing significantly to Citi's performance.
Citi’s Market Data Services (MDS) team manages global platforms and vendors that deliver real-time market data and service to 1000s of desktop and application subscribers globally.
MDS are looking for an experienced support professional to join our existing MDS team in Hong Kong, to work alongside our dynamic and busy team across APAC, to provide production support to our diverse and demanding user base.
- At Citi, we provide a fast growing, challenging, and enthusiastic environment. We are equally excited to invite anyone of great enthusiasm to join us and make an impact in enhancing the stability of our market data production environment.
- The successful candidate will be working closely with their MDS colleagues in EMEA and NAM to ensure seamless round the clock support of all Market Data Services. The role also requires project and engineering work.
- Day to day on Rota support of market data infrastructures and systems, ensuring Stability is the priority No.1
- Providing our consuming desktop and applications users, with knowledgeable and timely support
- Think globally in a follow the sun support model
- Communicate effectively with operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis.
- Engage and keep MDS users informed when coping with day to day issues that may arise
- Work closely with other Production Support colleagues across the region
- Working closely with our vendors support issues, installations and upgrades
- Look for efficiencies and enhancements to help provide a more effective experience for our users
Project and Engineering Value:
- Take on projects and engineering activities, that will keep the MDS platforms and systems running efficiently, avoiding EOV/EOLs, monitoring of capacity, maintaining stability
- Working closely with vendors on installations and upgrades, paying close attention to quality of work and project timelines
- Look for efficiencies and enhancements to help provide a more effect experience for our users and cost awareness for Citi expense
- Clear and correct documentation, avoiding confusion and knowledge gaps for all our MDS colleagues
- Experience working in a technology support capacity in the banking or finance sectors
- Knowledge of ITRS monitoring systems, both support and development
- Good communication and project management skills
- Understanding of banking and financial instruments, real-time data concepts, trading knowledge, Equities, Fixed Income, FX
- Broad understanding of vendor systems, Thomson Reuters desktops and the TREP platform and Bloomberg infrastructure is preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of network infrastructures, firewalls, network protocols multicast/TCP/IP and associated topologies
- Cloud and hosted services knowledge/experience would be of an advantage
- Familiarity with (Unix/ Linux) OS environments
- Databases - Oracle, Microsoft SQL
- Scripting languages, Shell, Perl, Python etc.
- Understanding of application APIs, both development and support would be an advantage
- Various Open Source initiatives knowledge and working experience would also be an advantage
- Bachelor's Degree
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.