- External Audit
- Internal Audit
- Program Management
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Team Management
Auditor III, Consumer - Retail/Mortgages/Holdings
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1800 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi’s respective regulators globally.
This role will provide assurance in line with the global, risk-based approach of the Internal Audit department as well as focus on relevant regulatory expectations and requirements. The role will leverage the product/functional expertise of the Global IA team, and will also be expected to provide support to the Retail/Mortgage/Holdings Audit program in Asia.
Citi Hong Kong’s Retail Bank is part of the regional Asia Pacific Consumer business operating in 12 countries in Asia Pacific. Citi Hong Kong offers a wide range of retail products to customers including Unsecured Personal Loans, Investments, Current and Savings Accounts, Insurance, and Mortgages. Audit coverage will also include the back-end operations supporting retail banking/mortgage.
This position has a direct reporting line to the Senior Audit Manager and is based in Hong Kong.
- As a professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance
- Independently contributes to the development of audit processes improvements
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business
- Independently performs audits related to Consumer or Investment Banking, Technology Management, Project/Program Management or Supplier Management in accordance with corporate methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions
- Independently completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes and budgeted costs
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues; identifies inconsistencies in data or results, defines business issues and formulates recommendations on policies, procedures or practices
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business
- Proactively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Basic to intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management
- Strong English and Chinese language skills in both verbal and written form