APAC Regional Head of Transactions
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Main responsibility will be to lead the development & implementation of transaction strategy and execution for Asia's real estate footprint impacting approximately 12 million square feet. The APAC role will include 17 countries both North and South Asia. The portfolio is comprised of Retail. Office and data center uses. Direct management of a team of transaction managers for both office and retail transactions across the region. The team members throughout APAC are a combination of dedicated Transaction Managers, some multi-hatted individuals who are not directly supervised by this role.
Develop and execute transaction practices and structures to meet CRS goals for footprint reduction and productivity. Create negotiating leverage for Citi though an understanding of the markets, the use of the broker partners and an in depth understanding of landlord structures and motivations.
Ensure real estate transactions are coordinated and managed centrally in order to ensure negotiation parameters and the transactions process are cost-effective and designed to provide favorable shareholder return and adhere to CRS process and legal/compliance requirements. To ensure the optimal solution to Citi’s requirements, collaborate with Project, Asset and Building management teams. Maximize return on investment and/or minimize expense while following Citi policies & practices.
Implement common standards, process and reporting capabilities across Transactions team in all sub-regions. Coordinate with Global Transaction management to implement consistency and transparency with other Regional practices. Manage and evaluate transaction success based upon performance metrics.
Interface with CRS and key business stakeholders as well as critical support resources (Finance, Procurement & Commercial Legal group) to ensure negotiate the best possible lease terms & conditions to protect the franchise and minimize expense/maximize return on investment. Work with Finance to properly reflect the accounting, tax and economic impacts of alternatives on Citi books. Optimize space utilization through collaborate with design and construction to incorporate needs analysis, workplace and engineering standards, planning models and interior fit out specifications.
Manage transition of department to accommodate new models for service provider engagement, enhanced controls and new transaction management systems. Tailor supply chain management solutions to varied market conditions in alternative regions and sub-regions. Develop a new metrics driven performance management culture in the organization.
Assist in the development and implementation of a strategic real estate plan for each critical market based on CRS & business objectives for optimizing the portfolio on a global basis.
- Experience in multiple markets across the APAC region
- Demonstrated leadership skills – proven ability to lead teams through changes in systems and provider models, while successfully achieving key goals and objectives
- Must be a skilled communicator with experience influencing and shaping the image of a complex Division/Business Unit
- In depth knowledge for real estate transactions process and negotiations, fee structures, best practices on national or global level across multiple portfolio categories (Office, Operations and Retail)
- Proven ability to manage a team of outsourced service providers
- Ability to influence with /without authority
- Accomplished mentor and teacher
- Enthusiastic advocate for CRS, team and client
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong financial/business acumen
- Solution driven problem solver
- Deal structuring experience
- Demonstrated experience in large transactions, both leasing and development
- Demonstrated ability in retail markets
- Capital markets experience
- Four-year college degree; Masters preferred
- 10+ years of applicable experience
- Building Management
- Capital Markets
- Data Centre
- Deal Structuring
- Performance Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Team Management