APAC - Hong Kong - Business Tax Advisor (SVP)
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
This position will provide U.S. tax information reporting, FATCA and CRS technical advisory support to various APAC business and operational areas as well as support strategic U.S. tax information reporting, FATCA and CRS initiatives, including: centralization of U.S. tax information reporting operational functions, execution of a global U.S. tax information reporting gap assessment, QI compliance support, FATCA and CRS program support and development and implementation of U.S. tax information reporting, FATCA and CRS training. APAC business and tax operations areas supported will include Consumer, Citi Private Bank, Custody, Treasury and Trade Solutions, Markets and FRO Tax Information Reporting Operations.
In addition to providing information reporting, FATCA and CRS advisory support on numerous issues, responsibilities will include assessing processes, procedures and technology that impact CRS, FATCA and U.S. tax information reporting; coordinating the execution and implementation of action and remediation plans to address identified gaps; identifying CRS, FATCA and U.S. tax information reporting training needs and driving the development and delivery of targeted and global training and drafting and/or reviewing product program documentation. Additional responsibilities will include the review of country-specific FATCA and CRS guidance and the providing of guidance thereon. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of tax form validation requirements, income sourcing rules, backup withholding and NRA withholding rules, reporting requirements for U.S. Persons and non-U.S. Persons, FATCA and IGA requirements, the coordination rules, QI Agreement requirements and CRS requirements. Strong understanding of the products offered by businesses supported will also be required. The successful candidate should have the ability to research and advise on complex issues, communicate effectively with various levels of professionals, successfully and simultaneously execute on multiple initiatives, and negotiate with and influence others to drive compliance with the requirements.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in U.S. tax information reporting/FATCA/CRS is desired, preferably in a financial services company or public accounting firm
- U.S. tax information reporting/FATCA/CRS experience in both a Corporate Tax and Tax Information Reporting Operations environment is a strong plus
- The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently
- Effective communication and research skills
- The ability to successfully liaise with various levels of professionals
- The ability to make and implement decisions
- Corporate Taxation