APAC - GF - Government Affairs, Senior Vice President
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
The Government Affairs role is a value-added resource to business and corporate areas and country heads at the local, regional and global level, informing the firm of political, legislative and regulatory changes, as well as government decisions; helping them to assess the impact on Citi and its clients; and developing and driving a strategy for managing associated issues including outreach to relevant officials and industry associations.
- Monitor, analyze and report on political, legislative and regulatory changes in the region and major global markets that will impact current and future Citi business, financial services more broadly and the general business environment.
- Provide information on key bilateral relationships for Asia Pacific countries and the views of countries in the Asia Pacific on initiatives in regional organizations and global organizations.
- Assist the firm contribute to issues being worked on in key regional and global financial industry associations as well other regional and global industry associations.
- Work with regional and global business and corporate areas as well as country management, to develop and implement a strategy to respond to issues drawing on work being done by local, regional and global colleagues.
- Develop an extensive network of contacts with policymakers, industry associations, think tanks and other firms in addition to representatives of regional and global organizations and multilateral agencies.
- Engage in outreach on issues, or assist others to do this via the arrangement of meetings and/or preparation of high quality, accurate briefing materials.
- Contribute to the work of the Asia Pacific and Global Government Affairs team on local, regional and global issues including the preparation of briefing and reporting materials and presentations.
- Comply with the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements
Technical/Specialist Skills/Competencies :
- Ability to navigate the political, legislative and regulatory environment in countries of the Asia Pacific.
- Ability to understand the likely implications of political and regulatory matters on Citi’s business.
- Knowledge of financial services regulatory issues and trade issues that will impact Citi and its clients.
- Advanced research skills to find, analyse and present information from a variety of credible sources.
- High level oral and written English skills to provide timely, high-quality internal and external briefings.
- Strategic thinking combined with accuracy and attention to detail and the ability to achieve results.
- Working level Asian Languages a plus but not essential.
- Strong knowledge of the banking industry and financial services.
- Knowledge about Asia Pacific countries and regional groupings.
- Knowledge about regional and international trade issues.
- Knowledge of Citi’s products and services a plus.
Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain productive internal and external relationships, at all levels, including senior levels.
- A self-starter who can work independently with limited supervision and a team player able to work on projects as part of local, regional and global teams.
- A highly organized, energetic and efficient individual able to multi-task, prioritize, meet short deadlines and achieve outcomes.
- An ability to understand complex issues quickly and to explain them succinctly to others.
- Educated to degree level, preferably to the post graduate level, in a relevant area (e.g. finance, political science, government, economics, commerce or law).
- Experience of 10+ years working with government, industry associations, consultants, legal firms, regional or global organizations, multilaterals or NGOs on policy issues and/or financial services and trade issues.
Work location can be in Hong Kong or Singapore
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|