- Capital Markets
- Contract Negotiation
- Credit Analysis
- Financial Modeling
- Project Finance
APAC Capital Markets Origination Project and Infrastructure Finance Global Structured Finance Associate Hong Kong
Location: APAC-HKG-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
- Project & Infrastructure Finance is one of the businesses within Global Structured Finance, Asia Pacific. We are dedicated to structuring bespoke financing solutions, typically on a non-recourse basis, for owners and developers of energy and infrastructure assets.
- Project & Infrastructure Finance focuses on greenfield and asset level project financings involving infrastructure, energy, power and renewable assets. Execution may occur via direct lending, syndication to the bank market, negotiated private placements or the issuance of structured securities into the capital markets (for the past few years, Citi has ranked number one in the arranging of project/infrastructure bonds globally and in Asia Pacific). Financings apply across the capital structure and on a global basis across multiple sectors. These financings address the specialized and non-recourse funding needs facing our clients. Transactions require the integration of efforts across multiple product platforms, and entail structuring for both cash flow and vis-à-vis specialized assets associated with renewable energy, social infrastructure, oil & gas projects and in the transportation realm (e.g. airports and roads).
The Associate working within Project & Infrastructure Finance will be required to:
- Work collaboratively with a transaction team responsible for the origination and execution of project financings in Asia Pacific including preparation of presentation materials and market analysis.
- Work closely with applicable industry bankers to identify and originate project finance financing and advisory situations that meet certain target market and capital returns criteria.
- Financial modeling and execution of applicable debt financing structures for distribution in either the capital markets, or loan syndication market, or both.
- Perform a robust credit analysis with respect to each project situation for purposes of seeking (as applicable) internal credit approval consistent with Citi's credit standards and capital return requirements.
- As applicable, develop and present presentations on a particular project to one or more rating agencies for purposes of procuring a credit rating.
- Together with the applicable syndicate desk, interface with banks in the project finance market, as well as certain institutional investors, for purposes of syndicating/selling project risk.
- Work with the transaction team in managing applicable franchise, reputational or underwriting risk with respect to a specific project situation.
- Assist with monitoring of existing loan book and annual reviews
- Assist with other transactions within Global Structure Finance business including Securitization and Transportation Finance businesses.
- 4+ years of Structured Finance experience, including Project & Infrastructure Finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong analytical, credit and communication skills.
- Experience financial modelling
- Proactive disposition with strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and understanding of project finance credit analysis, contract negotiations with transaction parties and documentation