Underwriter - based in Singapore
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong Island-Causeway Bay
Focusing on Singapore and Australia markets, this is both challenging and exciting, requiring you to develop a detailed understanding of every aspect of the international business. This will require you to be involved with all our departments making this a demanding yet ultimately very rewarding role.
The role will include analysing the market and develop pricing strategies for our products by identifying the financial risks involved, including technical application of sophisticated analytical tools which allow financial underwriting of group healthcare risks to create opportunities for growth and increasing profitability. You will also devise data reporting systems which allow the management and monitoring of portfolios of healthcare business
· Evaluate, price and modify plan design for renewals and new business quotations in compliance with underwriting authorities.
· Evaluate renewals and work with relevant sales representatives, brokers and clients to implement required rating actions.
· Manage portfolio of accounts balancing profitability and persistency.
· Analyse results looking for trends and patterns that may need management currently and into the future. Work with sales and the client to implement changes.
· Investigate any non-compliance of benefit adjudication and liaise with appropriate managers to ensure compliance.
· Work with sales to improve their knowledge of the technical aspects of the business. Provide concise and clear instructions on what is happening to a risk and provide options to manage costs into the future.
· Be market aware, understand the competition, the environment (local social security system etc.,) and the clients needs.
· Support the management of the underwriting function including the recruitment, training and development of staff
- University graduate preferable.
- Minimum 5 years underwriting experience
- Exposure in healthcare insurance business.
- Ability to work independently to achieve ambitious new business targets.
- Fluency in English is essential.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|