IT Services Engineer (12 months contract)
Location: Hong Kong-Kowloon-Kowloon
Role Summary/Key Objectives
This role is part of a team responsible for the continuous operation and performance of Cigna's enterprise network. This position will provide operational leadership and vendor oversight on problem determination and problem resolution for security problems within the enterprise data network. This person will be responsible for driving problems to resolution through methodical troubleshooting and by working with our network support vendor. This position will ensure high quality network service delivery through daily monitoring of vendor performance, responsiveness to security problems, crisis management, and adherence to service levels and network service improvement initiatives. This position will be responsible for joint planning and vendor oversight for network-related change activity.
Specific areas of responsibility are:
- Provide technical support for network infrastructure.
- Monitor, maintain and administer network infrastructure ensuring minimal interruption as per agreed service level.
- Provide technical planning and responsible for implementing network changes.
- Administer and analyze network fault, issue and update trouble ticket, fault isolation, track repair progress and manage restoration activities
- Assist in design and implementation of network projects
- Drive process improvements and procedures that will improve overall service delivery to the customer.
- Provide periodic performance reports for review with management providing input on improvements and quality initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and at least 5 years experience in Cisco and Juniper networking and security products.
- Prior experience with a large enterprise network.
- Holder of CCNP and/or JNCIA is an advantage
- Experience with F5 Load Balancers and knowledge of load balancing technologies
- Familiar with ITIL principles
Self motivated, enthusiastic, diligent and able to work independently.
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills and team player.
Efficient time management and able to handle multiple projects, problems and tasks concurrently.
Strong communication and written skills in English and Chinese
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- ITIL Practitioner Level
- Juniper Networks Certified Associate (JNCIA)
- Crisis Management
- Customer Service
- Graphic Design
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Process Improvement
- Technical Support