- Financial Analysis
- Financial Planning
- Financial Reporting
- Internal Control
- Management Reporting
- US GAAP
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong Island-Causeway Bay
This role is based in the International Markets (“IM”) Office in Hong Kong and reports to the Head of FP&A, with a strong dotted line to the CFO Asia/Pacific to which it is mainly dedicated. The FP&A team is an integral part of the IM Financial Controller’s team and consists of 7 staff overseeing the consolidation of IM results and provides business support to IM Office management in the planning process and review of monthly results.
The FP&A Asia/Pacific specialist will work closely with the CFO Asia Pacific and other finance functional teams in IM Office including actuarial valuations, pricing and financial strategy, treasury, tax and IFRS accounting on business issues impacting Asia/Pacific markets across both Individual and Employer product lines and
Pivot to health is a key strategic priority in next 2-3 years and a significant amount of time will be spent assisting the CFO Asia/Pacific in analyzing health business case and follow up on their implementation.
- Assist in preparation of monthly consolidation of IM financial results within FP&A team, performing variance analysis against plan/forecast/prior year for reporting to IM leadership team and Corporate FP&A.
- Work closely with the Asia/Pacific local Finance teams to explain major result variances and reviewing their annual 5 year strategy submission, plan submission and quarterly forecast.
- Analyze and evaluate business practices within Financial Planning, Budgeting and Analysis and recommend actions to streamline processes, improve operational efficiencies, to enhance the quality of financial analysis and reporting, and identify opportunities for reducing operational costs.
- Participate in Finance and Actuarial FMR (functional management review) visits in Asia/Pacific 2 or 3 times a year to review and assess compliance with US GAAP accounting and internal control standards.
- Share best practice across treasury, tax reporting, financial closing process with Asia/Pacific markets, participating in finance automation projects to enhance efficiency and internal controls as needed.
- Prepare management reports and presentation materials for CFO Asia Pacific and attend Asia/Pacific leadership meetings.
- University Graduate in Business Administration, Accounting, or equivalent.
- Over 5 years of solid working experience Financial Planning & Analysis, or Accounting Operations within Insurance or Financial Institutions settings
- Must possess relevant professional qualifications, such as CA, CPA, MBA, Actuary or equivalent.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and IFRS, preferable from an insurance company.
- Solid exposure in Finance Transformation or Automation projects is an advantage
- Good communication, influencing and problem solving skills.
- Fluent in English
- International travel expected at least 10% in Asia/Pacific.
|Qualification||Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)|