You may also like
Senior Underwriting Officer
- Impact Analysis
- Microsoft Excel
Underwriting Manager/ Assistant Underwriting Manager
China Life Insurance
- Life Insurance
Underwriting Manager (Underwriting Projects)
China Life Insurance
- Life Insurance
Senior Associate, CS Experience Analysis and Pricing Management
AIA Group Limited
Private Banking, Credit Risk, Credit Underwriting Associate
JPMorgan Chase Bank
- Credit Analysis
- Insurance Claims
- Internal Audit
- Performance Management
- Process Improvement
- Product Development
- Risk Analysis
- Team Management
Director, Underwriting and Claims
Location: Hong Kong-Kowloon-Kowloon
The incumbent will provide strategic leadership and management of the underwriting and claims functions across Asia Pacific, Europe, and Turkey.
The Underwriting and Claims Director will act as the center of excellence for all the International Markets proactively working with the claims and underwriting managers to improve performance, manage risk, implement best practices and ensure that commercial underwriting practices are in place as well as customer centric claims processes.
They will lead/sponsor the implementation of the regional automated underwriting solution, process improvement initiatives and/or special projects as required. Examples include automation of claim workflows, next-generation predictive analytics, fraud detection and medical cost containment and initiatives to improve Cigna’s customer centricity.
This individual will work closely with the Director of Reinsurance and global actuaries to ensure that Cigna’s financial position is protected through prudent medical underwriting, product underwriting and claims practices. They will delegate and maintain the market specific claims and underwriting authorities, review underwriting and claim files that exceed the authority levels and develop/approve underwriting and claim guidelines.
· Recommends underwriting and claims policy for all Individual Health, Life and Accident business for the region / countries through the documentation and communication of assigned authority limits and underwriting and claims guidelines for all products and methods of distribution; underwrite business and process large claims which exceeds local authority;
· Drive the implementation of the Regional automated rule engine across the International Markets to improve straight through processing rates, maintain lean operational expenses and improved premium conversion.
· Identifies issues that impact products, manages their resolution and brings issues to the attention of senior management with recommendations for resolution;
· Directs and oversees underwriting and claims best practices to assure that appropriate procedures are applied to new and existing businesses.
· Develop underwriting and claims expertise for all products sold by the country entities; Establish ongoing training programs and evaluation techniques for all staff responsible for evaluating risk;
· Coordinate all local underwriting and claims support with country management; work with local and regional HR personnel in the selection, retention and personal development of the underwriting and claims staff;
· Provide ongoing underwriting and claims case level support to country operations;
· Promote communication and cooperation between local sales, marketing and staff performing risk analysis;
· Supports the development and review of new products / product enhancements in conjunction with regional and local functional units;
· Travel to local offices to review/audit (FMR) underwriting and claim practices and recommend actions to correct discrepancies that will lead to better administrative and underwriting processes.
10+ years experience as underwriter or claims professional
Demonstrated experience in managing, developing, & motivating employees;
Very strong verbal, written & negotiation skills;
Ability to understand legal/regulatory requirements;
Demonstrated leader & decision maker;
Strong analytical skills and capability to quickly identify key risk areas
Ability to self-start and work independently
Good reasoning and problem solving skills
Strong organizational skills and must be able to adhere to strict deadlines
Understanding of customer needs and how underwriting / claims processes impact the customer
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|