Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong Island-Causeway Bay
The Associate Attorney (Asia Pacific) will have responsibility for legal support to APAC Cigna Global Health Benefits (CGHB)' business and the IM Head Office, which includes reviewing contracts entered into by the holding companies in Hong Kong. This position will be based in Hong Kong and will report directly to the Legal Counsel, APAC. This position will play a key role in working with the CGHB teams in Asia.
- Provide counsel and advice to CGHB business teams in the Asia Pacific region, including reviewing and advising on all types of contracts, policy terms and conditions, tender documents and marketing material and licensing queries.
- Assist with managing legal on a matrix basis with local management.
- Coordinate compliance strategy and implementation in cooperation with Cigna’s Enterprise Compliance Organization.
- Handle other projects in CGHB as requested.
- Law Degree and active license to practice law preferably in Hong Kong, Singapore or Australia.
- English language fluency
- A minimum of five years legal experience, preferably a combination of in-house and major law firm experience.
- A minimum of three years insurance experience
- Demonstrated interest and experience in working on international / cross-border legal matters.
- Ability to work independently on complex legal matters and to communicate clearly and effectively to the business team’s leadership.
- Excellent legal skills and ability to apply law to business needs.
- A track record of success working effectively in complex matrix reporting structures across business lines and geographic borders.
- Understanding of overseas political and regulatory environments.
- Experience in working with other corporate functions, in particular Compliance, Audit and HR.
- Work experience or past residency in Hong Kong or Singapore.