- Team Management
Assistant Manager, Underwriting
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong Island-Wanchai
The role of the Underwriter has traditionally been a back office function with limited interaction with the end customer, broker, agent or tele-sales staff. Cigna is striving to become a customer focused company for both our internal and external customer and that means a different approach to underwriting is needed.
This role will have a higher level of engagement with the sales teams, both broker and tele-sales, and will require the underwriter to be either based in our call centre working closely with the telesales teams visiting with brokers and clients or working from home independently.
This role should be flexible in underwriting and proactively seeking ways to improve the underwriting efficiency and able to embrace the modern underwriting approaches.
Other critical tasks for this role are as below:
· To assess risk applications accurately and consistently within agreed service levels, underwriting guidelines and underwriting authority thereby minimizing unfavorable exposure;
· Make commercial underwriting decisions balancing risk assessment with business growth;
· Within Cigna’s underwriting philosophy obtain appropriate medical information to ensure accurate assessment of a risk;
· To develop and maintain detailed product knowledge, technical underwriting knowledge and expertise. This will involve attending industry seminars, courses and workshops, obtaining and reading relevant literature, liaising with local networks and international peers and furthering education;
· To maintain current knowledge of regulatory guidelines and to ensure compliance;
· To maintain a high quality of effective and pro-active communication with key sales contacts and customers ensuring the smooth and correct flow of business;
· To contribute to an efficient and effective underwriting service by seeking and providing assistance to the team whenever required;
· To contribute to partner and customer satisfaction by personally answering the telephone and mail enquiries in a prompt, accurate, appropriate and courteous manner;
· To participate in relevant project work as when required by the Manager.
· To monitor performance of Underwriting Team.
· Minimum 5 years insurance industry experience
· Minimum 4 years Medical Underwriting Experience
· Proven experience in leading and managing teams
· A relevant tertiary qualification would be preferred but is not essential
· Flexible in Underwriting
· Excellent communication/interpersonal/telephone skills
· Ability to develop and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external customers
· Strong time management and prioritisation skills
· Problem solving and resolution skills
· Strong business sense
· Advanced negotiation and influencing skills
· Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
· Computer literacy
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|