- Capacity Planning
- Data Centre
Systems Consultant (Mid-Range Platform)
Location: Hong Kong
- Plan and manage installation, configuration and maintenance of AS/400 computer hardware, software, networked devices and AS/400 (iSeries) client access software, journaling, mirroring software, etc.
- Perform tuning and capacity planning as required for all AS/400 systems/logical partitions.
- Maintain and deploy any required operating system upgrades and PTF installations.
- Handle OS administration including configuration of printer systems, security and 3rd party packages, such as Aldon, Vision, etc
- In �epth knowledge of software and hardware replication technology, IBM Connect:Direct and Message Queue is required
- Analyze error messages and system information to determine proper operating procedures
- Maintain system logs, records, reports and security logs related to the system.
- Load and test application software releases, and fixes in both test and productions environments and load application and software patches; run performance and file tuning utilities; etc.
- The system of functioning hardware and software must be maintained and supported 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Participate in Architecture team and share responsibility for management of the AS/400. May serve on additional technology teams as required.
- Develop, document and maintain procedures for system utilities, such as performance tuning, and configurations.
- Assist in the planning, development and integration of technology systems. For major system changes, incumbent defines need, weighs options, and proposes solutions.
- Work with other technical teams hand in hand on running IT projects and support operation.
- Assist on other areas such as data archiving, ATM deployment, data center server room rack and fiber cable planning, etc.
- Support day-to-day activities timely and ensure consistency of works. Response to ad-hoc issues.
- Oversee system and capacity monitoring of IT infrastructure.
- Assist in design system infrastructure and architecture per business strategy.
- Degree holder in Information Technology or related discipline
- In-depth knowledge of IBM AS/400 systems and all core feature sets.
- Proficient in LPAR design, build and validation
- Proficient in planning and upgrade of the IBM AS/400 systems and HMC firmware
- At least 5 years solid working experience in AS/400 systems, including design, installation and troubleshooting.
- Experience in IBM DS8000 Series SAN Storage, FCIP router and virtual tape library backup system.
- Knowledge of VM technology, Windows and Unix platform, Documentmum archiving system.
- Proactive and good team player
- Able to work independently
- Able to work under pressure and willing to work overtime
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|