Sales Specialist, BT Compute
Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Key Purpose of the Role:
The BT Compute Sales Specialist works independently as well as work closely with BT Compute Portfolio team to drive Enterprise Technical Compute consulting services from sales through delivery in BT accounts or new Accounts.
Using our vision of “Creating the Cloud of Clouds” Solutions of which you will generate project proposals which include the business requirements, technical requirements and appropriate solution stating the delivery times and schedules for the design, development and testing of the solution components.
You will be responsible for closing BT Compute projects that could span from 1-week implementation engagements to complex multi-Million Pounds deals.
· Independent as well in partnership with Sales Account Directors/ Managers, strategically drive new Compute services business to targeted accounts within your sales territory.
· Meet/exceed % quota attainment.
· As a trusted advisor, build in-depth knowledge of clients’ business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into IT services opportunities.
· Manage direct relationships with management representatives for all key accounts.
· Manage the proposal and work order process for assigned accounts & newly developed accounts. Will be supported by regional consultants as well based on customized solution requirements.
· Lead services opportunity plans and campaigns in 3-5 key accounts per quarter with defined closure dates.
· Provide weekly sales forecasts by staying abreast of status/details for each campaign and independently provide reliable sales forecasts on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
· Establish direct relationships with OEM/SI representatives for all key accounts.
· Manage virtual centralized Delivery team assigned for proposal creation and develop the in country delivery team as business grows.
· Understanding and experience with ICT (DC Virtualization/Hybrid Cloud Computing, Data Management, Applications Performance management and DC networks) Infrastructure services (Professional and Managed services).
· Understand how customers use ICT technology in their business.
· Technical background that includes architecture and technical consulting.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
· Good written and verbal English communication skills.
Overall Skills and Experience:
· Good understanding of market leading technologies in the following areas:
§ Benefits and value proposition of Azure , AWS & Alibaba
§ Server farms – Hyper converged platforms - Nutanix/Simplivity/Scale IO ( SDS)
§ Storage Subsystems – EMC and Netapps
§ Data management and Availability – Symantec/Commvault
§ Operating System- Windows/Linux
§ DC Virtualization and VDI - VMware and MS-Hyper-v and, VDI/Citrix
§ Applications Performance Analysis- Compuware
§ Networks – Cisco and F5 – Some basic knowledge is preferred
· Typically qualified to postgraduate level or equivalent in Computer Science or Information Technologies discipline.
· At least 10 years of relevant professional experiences in ICT Consultative selling services.
· Having sales related certification in key market leading technologies is an advantage.
- Data Management