You may also like
Solutions Analyst (IT Solutions Delivery & Support)
Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering (HAECO)
- Application Development
Principal Sales Consultant
- Application Design
ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANCY Associate Director / Associate / Principal Consultant – MNC structural / civil / construction engineering
- Adobe Air
PRINCIPAL ENGINEER / ASSOCIATE (BUILDING SERVICE) – MNC structural / civil / construction engineering
- Building Services
Vice Principal / Director of Kindergarten Curriculum Development, China Based (Guangzhou or Shanghai)
- Big Data
- IT Security
- Machine Learning
- Stakeholder Management
Principal Solutions Architect
Location: North East Asia-Hong Kong
Key Purpose of Role:
A critical role the success of BT across the region, the role holder will be responsible for Cyber Security business development, design and solution for the sub-region. The role will require a strong knowledge of the latest industry Cyber applications and technologies with ability optimise and integrate functionality between components. This role will not only require an individual with strong technical experience but will be a key person in contributing to the long-term cyber security strategic goals, building key client relationships, identifies opportunities, negotiates and closes deals.
The role holder should leverage the experience of the relevant BT and industry wide professional communities to discharge these responsibilities, thus ensuring knowledge sharing extends beyond the functional boundary of the role.
- Work on upselling Cyber Security solutions to existing customer base and pursue new sales opportunities with the account management team.
- Responsible for leading, managing and developing teams or managing people for specific tasks or projects.
- To draft reports and make recommendations to managers and project sponsors.
- To provide analytical and innovative input to projects as well as leading on negotiations.
- To lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- To work with internal, external and third party suppliers.
- To act as a key contributor and provide expert advice to other groups on technical and operational issues.
- To oversee production of cost/ timescale solutions/ options and manage expectations as appropriate with customer or Business Unit teams.
- To personally participate in and contribute to BT wide professional community activities where applicable e.g. knowledge sharing, best practice within BT and external industry.
- To use the relevant BT wide professional community framework to raise their skills and those of their team to the recommended PC standards.
- Maintains a reputation for quality and delivery of their expertise to the business.
- Contributes to the definition of strategy and evolution and/ or associated infrastructure investments for Group/Business Unit.
- Responsible for engineering delivery plans for programmes.
- Contributes to the transformation strategy for a network, platform or technology discipline in own area of expertise.
- Leads and mentors team(s) to provide technical / professional solutions to new innovative services.
- Works under broad direction.
- Full accountability for own technical work or project/ management responsibilities.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives.
- Establishes own milestones, team objectives and delegates assignments.
- Work is often self-initiated.
- Budget responsibility varies depending on the lines of business and project/programme delivery responsibility.
- Strong architectural experience with expertise and demonstrated leadership in infrastructure design and engineering for large scale distributed systems, with experience in the Cyber Security domain including large scale cyber security network monitoring solutions, Big Data analytics and Cyber Incident Response capability.
- Stakeholder management at and above the Programme Director level within BT and Clients, Head of SOC within clients and Head of Products / BT Account lead within Vendor organisations.
- Strong line, virtual and matrix management experience, with demonstrated success in the project and technical-based leadership of teams in the definition, design and delivery of complex technical projects.
- Tenacious, collaborative and well organised, possesses gravitas amongst other technical experts, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Typically Educated to Master’s Degree Level or equivalent.
- Typically CCDA & CCNA or CISSP level knowledge of network design and implementation.
- May Hold Multiple Valid technical qualifications issued by a Technology Vendor Certification Scheme
Specific Skills and Experience:
- Experience of in the definition, design and delivery of complex technical projects.
- Experience defining and documenting platform architectures and architectural roadmaps.
- Strong Experience of System Engineering in the Cyber Security domain.
- Experience of employing System Engineering process and methodologies in a technical delivery management role to ensure the delivery of complex/novel projects, in the cyber security domain, to time, cost and quality.
- Expertise in infrastructure design and engineering in the Cyber Security domain e.g. for large scale cyber security network monitoring solutions, Big Data analytics platforms and Active Defence capabilities.
- Experience compiling detailed technical delivery plans.
- Experience and familiarity with a range of Cyber and Big Data technologies and their performance characteristics and hardware requirements.
- Experience applying System Engineering discipline to extremely agile and time-sensitive technical delivery projects.
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to deliver inspiring talks around complex technical subject matter.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Strong leadership skills with experience building, inspiring and managing delivery across virtual teams.
- Experience in the following domains / technology areas:
Enterprise Security architecture.
Big Data Analysis for Cyber Security.
Network intrusion analysis / malware analysis.
National level cyber defence.
Internet Architecture and Security of Service Provider Infrastructure.
Machine Learning & Data Science.
|Qualification||Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)|