You may also like
Site Supervisor (HK Housing Authority)
Senior CADD Draftsman (Airport Authority)
Design Manager (Architecture & Interior Design) (94959)
- Adobe Photoshop
ASST INTERIOR DESIGNER / Interior Design Trainee – interior design company/5 days work
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
Senior Manager – Strategic Design (Interior Design)
New World Development
- Database Administration
- Oracle Solaris
- Technical Support
Lead Technical Design Authority
Location: North East Asia-Hong Kong
Purpose of Role:
The role holder is responsible for the deployment and support of IT infrastructure, systems and application software, Database management, network services and data security to our global customers in Finance, Insurance and Banking domains. The candidate will be the CTO for a large account and leads a large virtual team of Technical designers, Implementation engineers, Service assurance team comprising Help Desk (24x7), L1, L2 support team.
He/she provides complex technical support, resolving escalated technical support issues including proposals to ensure systems availability to the customer. The role includes problem diagnosis and resolution, and activities will comprise requirements analysis, testing, integrating and managing components and models. The role holder has an appreciation of and/or participates in the design of systems architecture and network systems, and is responsible for generating new opportunities and maintaining the client relationship and satisfaction.
- To provide technical leadership across support teams for the design and deployment of IT systems, software, network infrastructure and security systems.
- To take a lead role in technical projects and in representing Technical Support teams on global projects.
- To act as lead advisor on a project team(s) of Systems Professionals, Senior Systems Professionals and Lead systems professionals.
- To contribute to the strategy for the Technical Services & support area with longer term cost implications and consequences including vendor liaison where appropriate.
- To provide support to other Units on technical and operational support issues and decisions.
- To provide lead support to ICT bids for the broader organization.
- To manage vendor and supplier contacts and/or SLAs/OLAs to BT standards, ensuring value for money and adherence to agreed service/performance levels.
- To ensure operational procedures are in place, maintained and followed.
- To lead evaluation/test/installation of supplier software with appropriate controls & standards e.g. Firewalls/Data security, Unix/MVS software, Network software and hardware.
- To undertake complex problem diagnosis and resolution liaising with vendors and customer/developer groups where appropriate.
- To provide expert advice to other groups on technical and operational issues.
- To provide skilled resource and expertise to support product evaluations with other groups/customers.
- May perform supervisory management of senior system support professionals within the Technical support function.
- Typically computing/engineering/science degree. Preferably with an MBA from a reputed institute.
- Qualified to be and possible chartered engineer and fellow of a professional computing/ engineering/science institution.
- Formal vendor training to professional certification standards, e.g. CCIE, MCSE, Sun Solaris, HP certified systems engineer etc.
- 10-15 years’ experience in the relevant technical skill area(s) with appropriate formal training.
- Experienced, fully competent in own area, can act as a key contributor in a more complex/critical environment, and is able to co-ordinate activities of others (the team leader).
- Has depth of expertise in more than one area, and can apply knowledge/skills to a range of activities acting as a source of technical expertise to others in own area.
- Able to interpret internal/external business issues and recommended best practice in own discipline, and to make changes to own and others work to meet these.
- Able to act proactively to understand client needs and offer assistance even when not asked.
- Awareness of profitability needs and can manage costs for specific projects.
- Able to find the underlying issue and patterns in complex situations, taking a new perspective on existing solutions to complex problems, and is able to explain difficult concepts to a variety of audiences to ensure that the meaning is understood.
- Able to manage own time to meet agreed targets and to develop plans for projects in own area over the medium term, including forecasting/organising all resource requirements and finance.
- Can motivate other team members and create informal networks with key contacts outside own area.
- Understands appropriate customer Business Processes and operating environments.
- Good language and communication skills, ability to present complex concepts in a simple way to help C level execs to make business decisions.
- Ability to produce business cases based on pro’s and con’s of a solution, demonstrate technical feasibility and produce a economic benefit analysis of the new solution.
- Good leadership skills to inspire a team of technical experts and build an excellent and motivated team.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Qualification||Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE)|