- Graphic Design
Connect Sales Specialist
Location: North East Asia-Hong Kong
BT’s presence in the Asia Pacific region dates back to 1985, when we first established our office in Hong Kong. With its strong 'rule of law' foundations, open regulatory environment and as the key regional headquarters for many of our global customers, Hong Kong provides an ideal location for BT's Asia Pacific headquarters.
We employ over 5000 direct employees (and 25,000 indirect) whose combined knowledge and expertise helps serve over 500 customers across 20 offices within the Asia, Middle East & Africa region.
Key Purpose of the Role:
The Sales Specialist team has an integral role to play in the sales of BT solutions and services. As such, they are mapped to roles in the Sales Job Family and are currently remunerated via the BT Global Services Sales Pay Plan. The Sales Specialist team sells at all three tiers of the BT Win New Business process. This includes high value & strategic Standard Deals, all Non-Standard Deals and all Complex Deals. Not only will the team support sales teams (including, Solutions Architects / Directors, Bid Managers and Pursuit Leads) on these deals, but it will also seek to identify and develop sales opportunities and relationships with prospective and existing customers.
Sales Specialists sell in all three tiers of the BT Win New Business process:
Standard: Sales Specialists assist Account Managers and Desk-Based Account Managers in articulating the service operating model and service support models for the BT standard product being sold. Sales Specialists will advise Account Managers and Desk-based account managers as to the recommended price to win for products and services being sold and assist in qualification of opportunities. They will assist in and lead product and service presentations to Customers if deals merit such an engagement.
Non-standard: Sales Specialists work with the Customer, the BT Sales Team (including, Deal Architects, Solution Architects / Directors, Bid Managers etc) to provide sales support to the prospect as to how the BT product / service fits into the solution for the customer. Sales Specialists will advise on the recommended price to win for their specific product / service taking into account the non-standard components of the deal. They will assist in the qualification of opportunities.
Complex – Sales Specialists engage with Pursuit Leaders and Solution Directors to assist selling their specific product / service expertise as part of the wider multi-tower solution. Sales Specialists also provide input to the pricing model as per their expertise.
It is expected that Sales Specialists will:
- Identify and develop opportunities and relationships with customers and prospects and bring in new opportunities to the market unit, this includes assisting in the qualification of opportunities.
- Support the market unit sales teams in being the first line sales support into customers and prospects identified by the sales team per their specialist expertise. [ See WNB role stated above]
- Support Solution Architects / Directors in developing the pre-sales solution for customers on non-standard and complex deals.
- Act as the leader for their product / service area of expertise in delivering presentations to customers and prospects both on sales calls and in the BT Show-cases.
Sales Specialist will assist the Head of Sales in the market unit in developing sales strategies and sales plans as required in conjunction with their Manager.
- Assist the BT Global Services sales force to identify and close business with Propositions led approach to drive the harmonised BT Connect WAN products (MPLS, HVPN and Ethernet Services) in conjunction with BT Connect Application products (Managed Compuware, Ipanema and Riverbed WAN Optimisation Services.)
- Propose solutions to meet the current and future needs of the customer based on Proactive Selling, Customer Workshops and Qualification Meetings taking a Consultative approach.
- Drive new business, open new accounts by supporting sales hunters.
- Respond to RFPs and RFIs as part of a wider bid team, to Strategic and / or high value Standard Bids, Non-Standard Bids and Complex Bids. The sales specialist will be in a pro-active technical Sales Specialist and translate technical solutions into sales arguments and USPs through Customer Presentations and Bid Response Documents.
- Assist with Sales Tools, Ordering Tools and Pricing solutions.
- Liaise with the Central Product teams for Special Bid purposes to ensure that Solutions are compliant with the product capabilities and deliverable within budget whilst helping to help develop the Harmonised Product Portfolio.
- Liaise and work closely with the Technical Design community at all stages of the Sales Cycle.
- Present comfortably and effectively at CxO level and Regional Industry and Channel Partner events.
- Need to achieve Sales Targets on value added services.
- Base approach, up-sell base accounts by supporting account managers positioning value added Global Services Propositions.
- Take all necessary steps to ensure customer satisfaction
- Report and communicate sales actions including prospects to management in a timely and cooperative manner.
- Graduate / Degree Holder or equivalent work experience
- Technical Sales background preferred, ideally with several years of experience selling WAN Services / WAN Optimisation technology into MNCs.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of network applications and their impact on the WAN and of MPLS technology and architecture.
- Proven track record in Sales, or supporting sales, in the areas of Managed WAN and WAN Optimisation Services.
- Regional in-country market knowledge and experience
- Experience with distributor/reseller channels, capable to work with 3rd Party partners an advantage.
- Ability to provide guidance on WAN & WAN Optimisation bids and designs
- Fluent in English, Spoken and written