Team Leader – Operational Permanent Control, Client Management
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- Within the Asia Pacific Client Management organization, the Regional OPC (Operational Permanent Control) Correspondent is under the management of the Head of Asia Pacific Client Management and the supervision of the Regional 2OPC (Oversight Of Operational Permanent Control)
- His/her main responsibilities will be the monitoring and the management of the overall internal control mechanisms and procedures within Client Management to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and BNPP Group standards.
- He/she will be also responsible for building, implementing and leading the operational risk framework including risk and incident analysis, control plans management, follow-up of the recommendations and involvement in the governance around operational risks.
- Finally, he/she will be in charge of the general governance within Client Management which includes oversight of budget and cost control function.
Direct Responsibilities & Contributing Responsibilities
- RISK ANALYSIS
- Identify all the key processes, related risks and controls and documents through a risk mapping performed in accordance with the standard of BNP Paribas and the Basel events classification
- Assess and quantify potential incidents, document and obtain validation of potential incidents
- Perform an annual review of risk mapping with operational management
- INCIDENTS ANALYSIS
- Collect historical incidents by users and report these incidents in the BNPP reporting dedicated tool (Forecast)
- Contribute to the set-up of corrective action plans and follow-up of implementation
- Obtain the validation from all parties involved and coordinate the sign-off process
- Escalate/report significant incidents to management, Inspection Generale, 2OPC as per group guidelines
- PROCEDURES MANAGEMENT
- Implement efficient procedure framework for SOP’s ensuring they met all local, regional and global guidelines and standards.
- Ensure policies and procedures provide sufficient guidance to CLM teams - partner with functional teams to ensure that any process changes are reflected in the procedures.
- CONTROL PLAN MANAGEMENT
- Document the control plans and verify the control plans: identify controls which include generic controls implementation and extension of local controls in support risk mapping
- Ensure control plans are documented and check the control performance when required (controls of controls, testing etc.)
- Properly reflect the control plan in the BNPP control system and in the BNPP reporting dedicated tool (Forecast)
- FOLLOW-UP OF THE RECOMMENDATIONS
- Follow-up and monitor audit (internal and external) and regulatory recommendations with the implementation managers
- Provide an overall follow-up report on the implementation of the audit and regulatory recommendations on a regular basis
- Provide a report that specifies the past due recommendations that have not been closed on a regular basis
- Provide Management with appropriate reporting on incidents occurrences and trends as well as action plans status
- Provide General Management reporting/presentations to CLM Mgmt and Sponsors on CLM activities.
- GOVERNANCE & AWARENESS
- Attend and provide contribution to the Regional Internal Control Committee (ICC) by raising key risks and actions related to Asia region
- Complete the Permanent Controls Reporting (PCR) database within the deadline by inputting data on the completeness of controls and control results
- Provide contribution for Asia region in the PCR Narrative Report
- Set-up regular meeting to present an overview of the operational risk issues with regional and local line management
- Promote operational risk and control awareness by organizing training with operational teams
- Regularly review regional and local OPC resources to ensure regional OPC framework set-up is correctly covering all areas in accordance with risk profile and escalate to line management as appropriate.
- Contribute to the Permanent Control framework
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Solid operational risk management/audit experience.
- Strong understanding of control processes and procedures.
- Sound analytical skills and attention to details.
- Proven aptitude in internal control and operational risk management and follow through from initial set-up to operation
- Experience in financial industry and products but also post-trade processes, preferable with Asia region is a plus.
- Understanding of the functions of CIB Client Services in an advantage;
- Good team player and able to work under pressure. A fast-track learner, self-driven and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with executives, managers, users and subject matter experts.
- Basic knowledge of budget and cost control
Experience and Qualifications required
- (1) Degree holder in Finance / Accounting / Business Administration or equivalent business experience preferred.
- (2) At least 5years’ experience in internal control and operational risk management development & implementation using leading methodologies.
- (3) Strong Knowledge of IT and KYC within Financial Institution
- Client Management
- Cost Control
- Internal Control
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Management Reporting
- Operational Risk
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Management