- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Management Reporting
- Record keeping
- User Testing
Regional Transaction Monitoring Compliance Officer
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
BNP Paribas Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 18,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and have plans to grow our business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With over 8,000 employees in the region and presence in 14 markets, including our 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo, BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
In an ever changing world with a continually shifting regulatory landscape, Compliance supports the CIB and RB&S teams globally to deliver award winning products and services to their clients. Compliance sits at the heart of BNP Paribas’ internal control framework and is independent from the CIB and RB&S businesses.
In APAC, the Compliance function is being transformed in order to meet the requirements of a changing regulatory landscape in the Region and globally. We are committed to learning and, through our APAC Campus in Singapore, provide dedicated Compliance training and seminars to ensure our people are kept up to date with changes in regulation and best practices. With the function scheduled to almost double in size over the course of 2015, a career in Compliance at BNP Paribas offers you the opportunity to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
If you are dedicated and want to be on the cutting edge of the changing global financial services sector, a career in Compliance may be for you.
Overall Job Purpose
Direct contribution to the Bank’s operational permanent control framework.
- Assist with the development and ongoing maintenance of a risk scenario based Account and Transaction Ongoing Monitoring (“ATOM”) tool.
- Participate in User Testing Assessment as and when required as part of ACTIMIZE deployment within Asia Pacific.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risk in the Bank.
- Assist Country Compliance to ensure all management reporting is complete, timely and accurate.
- Obtain documentary proof of suspicious activities and/or transactions and ensure effective record keeping of suspicious transaction identified and reported to Country/Regional AML Compliance.
- Ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Ensure timely, efficient reporting of suspicious activities and/or transactions to the Country AML Compliance for further escalation to the Regional Head of AML/CTF & Sanctions Compliance, Asia Pacific to determine materiality for SAR/STR filing.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses and additional training requirements especially on identification and reporting of suspicious activities and/or transactions for the Bank.
- At least 5 years of working experience with 3 years of post-transaction monitoring experience. Candidates with less experience may be considered Analyst role.
- Good general knowledge of the international financial sanctions laws and regulations in an international financial institution or a regulatory body in Asia Pacific is preferred.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem-solving and an ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and preferably with some experience of dealing in multiple countries in Asia Pacific.
- An ability to write concisely and clearly; and to produce clear constructive advice under pressure and within short timeframes.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and have an investigative and questioning mind-set.
- Ideally be flexible and have a hands-on in work style, with the ability to work independently to carry out projects.
- Ideally be familiar with navigating the operational tools which support Sanctions Compliance controls.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from an accredited institution (e.g. ICA or ACAMS). Post-graduate degree or law degree may be a plus.
- Asian language capability, especially in Mandarin is desirable, but not essential.
|Career Level||Lead (more than 10 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua)|