Regional Head of Wealth Management Financial Security (ex-KYC)
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas Overview
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. BNP Paribas CIB, with nearly 18,000 employees in over 50 countries, can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas has been present in the region for over 150 years and have plans to grow our business from €2bl EUR to €3bl EUR by the end of 2016. With over 8,000 employees in the region and presence in 14 markets, including our 3 main centres in Hong Kong, Singapore and Tokyo, BNP Paribas offers you the chance to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
In an ever changing world with a continually shifting regulatory landscape, Compliance supports the CIB and RB&S teams globally to deliver award winning products and services to their clients. Compliance sits at the heart of BNP Paribas’ internal control framework and is independent from the CIB and RB&S businesses.
In APAC, the Compliance function is being transformed in order to meet the requirements of a changing regulatory landscape in the Region and globally. We are committed to learning and, through our APAC Campus in Singapore, provide dedicated Compliance training and seminars to ensure our people are kept up to date with changes in regulation and best practices. With the function scheduled to almost double in size over the course of 2015, a career in Compliance at BNP Paribas offers you the opportunity to grow with us in Asia Pacific.
If you are dedicated, curious, pragmatic, client focused and want to be on the cutting edge of the changing global financial services sector, a career in Compliance may be for you.
Overall Job Purpose
Management of financial security risk through consistent application and enforcement of local regulatory requirements and Group standards across APAC WM booking sites
- To be point of contact to coordinate with Compliance function of Head Office, APAC Financial Security, and Compliance in other Wealth Management sites in Singapore, Hong Kong, China, India and Taiwan on policies and projects implementation, etc.
- To supervise and manage teams in Hong Kong and Singapore for the followings:
- Support implementation of projects and initiatives.
- Coordinate regulatory inspection and subsequent recommendations/issues follow up.
- Implement policies and procedures from Group Compliance, WM Head Office Compliance or APAC Financial Security.
- Implement policies and procedures due to change of local laws and regulations.
- Identify and control financial security risks, implementing monitoring measures and control plan.
- Report to various stake holders requiring update on Financial Security matters via adhoc or periodic requests.
- To review high risk accounts and transactions that are escalated by the team and make appropriate recommendation.
- To advise Business and Functions on financial security issues.
- To provide training to business and staff on financial security topics and promote compliance awareness and culture.
- Keep abreast on new regulations impacting financial security and informing relevant stake holders.
- Experience in people management and managing large teams.
- Work well with people (including Front Office, senior management, staff of different cultural background) and under pressure; have strong communication skills.
- Good knowledge of sanction and AML compliance framework.
- University degree.
- At least 10 years’ experience in AML/Compliance
- Compliance experience in wealth management is an advantage.
- Anti Money Laundering (AML)
- Wealth Management