FO Risk & PnL Support, Global Markets IT
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
This position combines 2 different yet closely related support roles. The first is to provide first level support for FO Risk & PnL applications. The second is to provide first level support to the main Research IT market data service application(MDD). They both serve the Equity Derivative business which includes Structured Equity, Delta 1, Volatility, Warrant, and Convertible Bond trading desk users. Both roles are support oriented but occasionally include project management and development responsibilities.
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident and system change management procedures, manage and track daily production problems; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; coordinate with developer teams to report and follow through bug fixing.
- Minimize failures and ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems by continuously monitoring the performance⁄ operation, quickly diagnose and address any problems.
- Bring together Operations, IT and Infrastructure teams during critical incidents and for preventative action planning.
- Receive, transduce, and coordinate business requests to development and other IT teams in Hong Kong as well as Paris, London and New York sites.
- Conduct system Quality Assurance Testing and assist in User Acceptance test; perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical applications and systems.
- Be responsible for technical configuration and implementation on data interface file for system integration to and from the Equity Research workflow and distribution system.
- Provide system and process documentation.
- Adhere to document procedural standards.
- Shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioural)
Mandatory Technical Skills:
- Research IT(MDD): GO, Python, Linux
- Experience of working in front office environment
- Self-starter, able to work under own initiative
- Developed problem solving techniques
- Emphasis on communication skills and confidence in high pressure environment
- Experience in change controls, incident management
Specific Qualifications Valued
- 3-5 years’ experience supporting a financial workplace environment. Solid experience on application support for equities business.
- Strong equity derivative product and valuation knowledge.
- Technical understanding of database, network and RT market data systems.
- ITIL Practitioner Level
- Corporate Communications
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Equity Analysis
- Equity Derivatives
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Market Data
- Microsoft Excel
- Quality Assurance
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)