- Due Diligence
- IT Security
Financial Crime Investigator / Senior Investigator
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
An independent investigation team provides critical supports to the BNPP business units across Asia Pacific. Acting within the existing provisions of existing Group Policies & Procedures that, amongst others, confer to the bank's Inspection Generale/Periodic Control Function the right to initiate investigations on all matters at all times.
The Financial Crime Investigator/Financial Crime Senior Investigator is directly responsible to:
- Investigate internal and external (i.e. clients, intermediaries, potential clients, suppliers etc.) cases.
- Conduct any assigned internal/external investigations across the APAC region of a non-regulatory nature. Provide investigation support and assistance to other business partners (e.g. HR), into cases such as sexual harassment; bullying/intimidation; unexplained work absences; use of drugs and alcohol at work (other than alcohol at organized work functions) etc.
- Combine both desk and field investigation skills in order to investigate/analyze any complex cases.
- Investigate suspected incidents, such as internal employee wrongdoings, internal employee gross misconduct, Ethics matters and conduct enhanced due diligence on clients, suppliers and employees, and background checks, investigations into money laundering aspects, under the direction of the Regional Head Compliance Investigations, Asia Pacific.
- Assist other investigations conducted by 2OPC & Anti-Fraud, Compliance, OPC and Security (e.g., suspected gift and entertainment violations, employee misconduct, data leakage, IT Security incidents, suspected fraud at client end (requiring close liaison with VPG) and suspicious client transactions); ensuring that the company interests are protected and in adherence with relevant statutory, regulatory and business regulations.
- Work in a professional and consistent manner in close liaison with Compliance, HR, business heads, stakeholders and Legal to implement appropriate controls and measures to protect company staff, assets, business operations, and intellectual property.
- Construct well written reports that highlight concerning activity and offer solutions as to identify control weaknesses.
- Establish and build a working relationship with stakeholders and management.
- Investigate and research of suppliers, intermediaries, potential clients, clients , related entities through public records, commercial databases, media information, in house databases and discreet site visits to assess risks and identify if any derogatory information (i.e. Criminal records, bankruptcy records etc.) on the subjects.
- Compile written reports in detailed narrative and provide analysis and findings of the investigative results.
- Interview suspects, witnesses and internal employees in a professional manner.
- May assist Regional Head of Compliance Investigations on training and special projects.
Specific Qualifications Required
- At least 5-10 years' experience in a related and relevant financial crime and/or money laundering/terrorist financing investigative role in an international investment bank with a broad franchise across APAC.
- Experience with a government organized investigative body (e.g. a commercial crime bureau, Financial Investigation Unit, anti-corruption authority, tax authority or Law Enforcement Agency) will also be taken into consideration.
- Membership of Certified Fraud examiners or other equivalent organization is a plus.
- Ability to work consistently and constructively under pressure.
- Ability to multi task, analyze and interpret data, demonstrate sound judgment and independent decision making.
- Ability to plan and prioritize his/her own work well and is effective at time management.
- Sound knowledge of general investigative skills, standards and techniques used in investigation of financial and white collar crime especially related to banking and associated business operations.
- Must evidence attention for detail, and possess an investigative and questioning nature.
- Demonstrate capacity for sound project management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and consult at all levels, especially with senior management.
- Committed to confidentiality, integrity and objectivity
- Ability to work independently on complex investigations.
- Ideally be computer literate, and experienced in working with case management and investigative tools (i.e. Nuix, I2, Intella etc.).
- Able to travel as may be required (sometimes with short notice) across the region.
- Asian language capability, especially Mandarin would be a distinct advantage. Ability to read and write Chinese essential. Excellent written and spoken English is also essential.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|