- Asset Liability Management
- Asset Management
- Cost Management
- Financial Analysis
- Project Management
- Project Planning
Finance & HR Coordination Manager in Retail Banking
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 80 countries with 190,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions (IS) and Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB).
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with 8,000 employees and a presence in 14 markets; mostly in CIB and IS, but with a growing presence in Retail as well.
As of today, the Group’s set-up for Retail Banking in Asia consists of (1) stakes in local banks where BNPP is a Strategic Investor such as Bank of Nanjing in China, (2) subsidiaries for specific activities and (3) a regional retail platform in Hong Kong.
The creation of the position is to meet the increasing level of support needed for the growing strategic cooperation with our local partner – Bank of Nanjing, as well as the increasing level of support needed in financial analysis and HR coordination for the Retail Banking APAC.
In the past few years, the level of cooperation with BoN in Finance/ALM advisory and HR support has been further expanding.
- On top of the more frequent exchanges in Financial/ALM management and Capital management, a new ALM advisor has been seconded to BoN in September 2016 dedicated to BoN ALM development.
- On HR cooperation development, BNPP & BoN have recently made agreement that BNPP will receive 100 BoN trainees in BNPP’s worldwide network in the next 5 years, including APAC. Also BNPP has started its strong support both from IRB Paris and APAC to the development of BoN’s new training institution.
With the enlarged cooperation, the number of regional staff of APAC retail banking has also increased (including the APAC YG program), accordingly it requests additional support for the associated cost management, staff training management and the administration coordination with APAC HR department.
The Finance and HR coordination role will provide support to the strategic cooperation projects, as well as perform financial analysis of the capital investment in RB APAC, support regular financial analysis/forecasting/budgeting of the region, day-to-day cost management of RB APAC, and is actively involved in administration coordination with APAC HR department on staff related issues (such as hiring, visa, transfer, training etc)
- Perform financial analysis and provide industry/benchmark information to measure and assess the performance of BNPP’s strategic investment at local partners.
- Conduct quarterly IRB APAC regional costs/expenses reporting, support annual budget development
- Support capital investment project, perform financial analysis and liaison with head office capital team, APAC legal and compliance and local partner for necessary support and documentation
- Support in cooperation projects with local partner, especially related to HR and training projects, including assisting in developing project plan, tracking for project progress and providing regular updates to all related parties
- Liaison closely with APAC HR team and coordinate through the HR administration process for new hire, staff transfer, staff training, annual review etc. for both RB APAC team and local partner training projects to ensure timely completion.
- Support the development of the IRB Asia young graduate program and conduct related administrative tasks.
- Support the training development for the IRB APAC team.
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
· Quick learner and able to multi-task, attention to details
· Excellent interpersonal, multicultural and communication skills
· Able to work under pressure
· Strong project management and analytical skills
· Well-organized and structured
· Self-motivated and strong team playerSpecific Qualifications Required
· Fluent in English (spoken and written)
· Graduating in Business management or in a Finance related area.
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|