- C (Programming Language)
- Corporate Communications
- Equity Derivatives
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Word
- Perl Programming
- Quality Assurance
eTrading Senior Support Analyst, Global Markets IT
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 80 countries with over 180,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with 9,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The EQD ES TS team provides support for the electronic trading platforms, including market connectivity, used by EQD traders in HK and some smaller sites across APAC.
* Corporate & Investment Banking and Investment Solutions divisions (excluding partnerships)
- Be responsible for the trading applications and market access support of Equities & Derivatives Trading for (Cash Equity, Warrant, Future & Options) on various APAC markets in Windows/Linux platform
- Required to support internal clients, troubleshoot and diagnose functional and technical issues in the production environment
- Management and tracking of daily production problems and user request; ensure effective and timely resolution and communications to the client; report bugs back to local / overseas development teams.
- Be responsible for handling business-driven or exchange-driven projects
- Conduct system Quality Assurance testing, perform deployment or upgrade of mission critical trading applications and systems.
- Ensure adequate performance and operation of the systems - monitor the performance ⁄ operation, diagnose and address any problems.
- Follow ITIL Application Support methodology to carry out incident escalation and system change management procedures.
- Provide system and process documentation
- Morning / Lunch shift duty, weekend and holiday work are required.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies / Specific Qualifications (if required)
Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Good business knowledge on derivatives products and market rules
- Experience with system monitoring
- Good technical / scripting knowledge on Linux/Unix environment
- Takes initiative and is results driven
- Strong decision making and analytical skills
- Ability to innovative
- Ability to manage change and complexity with confidence
- Strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Power point)
- Proficiency with C++, Java & Python in Linux & Windows environments
Qualifications and Experience
- University qualification with IT Major
Other Value-added Competencies
- Batch scheduling system
- Familiarity with the FIX protocol
- Good knowledge on Perl script
- ITIL Practitioner Level