Assistant Manager, CIB Due Diligence
Location: HK-Hong Kong (HK)-Hong Kong
- Within BNP Paribas Hong Kong, the Due Diligence Team’s objectives is to be the sole interface for clients going through the KYC due diligence onboarding or recertification process.
- The team supports the Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) business which encompasses diverse métiers and products.
- The team are responsible for 3 main activities:
- Prioritization of client recertification with additional focus on clients with higher risk rating
- Coordination of the whole process (Risk, Legal, Systems) and production of the KYC (Collection, Confirmation, and most importantly, analysis)
- This team are also responsible for on-boarding, annual review and relevant client management processes
- Handle assigned client recertification requests and ensure management initiative is satisfactorily implemented which includes, but not limited to, the enforcement of proactive pipeline management policies (to improve the throughput and completion cycle-time of pipeline), completion of recertification pipeline in meeting the set of KPIs, and management directives.
- Complete client recertification requests in accordance to relevant Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) which also makes reference to relevant policies including CIB KYC Procedure.
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) with assigned Front-Office Business Unit(s) across Client Sector(s) and Product(s), Compliance and other support functions in relation to Due Diligence activities. Those related recertification pipeline requests would often be more complex in nature, require for Enhanced Due Diligence (e.g. Sanctions, Sensitive Industries, Politically Exposed Persons, Adverse News, Very High Risk country exposure), and required approval by Client Acceptance Committee (CAC).
- Handle client recertification requests in relation to Corporate Coverages, Commodity Finance, Investment Banking, Transaction Banking, Financial Institutional Coverages, Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- Work closely with Front-Office and prioritize the completion of recertification pipeline according to ever changing demands, and deliver satisfactory results.
- Ensure timely escalation and own proposed course of actions to line management to address identified risks and blocking points during each client recertification handling. Also, identify, analyze, report and explore proposed course of actions to line management in relation to production, policy and system issues.
- Develop good understanding of the assigned Front-Office Business Unit(s) and process related working knowledge in order to support the Front-Office Business Unit(s) effectively.
- Interact effectively with senior internal stakeholders and regional/global teams in a variety of BNP Paribas locations in APAC and beyond.
- Embrace continuous changes and challenges; handle various uprising initiatives and ad-hoc projects as assigned by line management for DDT.
- Handle client recertification lifecycle management processes (e.g., account blocking, termination, client file transfer between Due Diligence teams).
- Perform 4 eyes “Checker” role for those client recertification being prepared by “Maker” to complete the Due Diligence review process.
- Assist the Head of Recertification to coach and provide guidance to other Due Diligence Officers and new joiners.
Specific Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s level degree or professional qualification.
- Solid understanding of Corporate & Institutional Banking and Global Markets framework under International Financial Groups.
- Good understanding of Due Diligence and local Anti-Money Laundering requirements.
- Working knowledge in relation to Corporate Banking products [e.g. Cash/Deposit, Loan Syndication/Agency, Trade Finance, ECM/DCM, etc] and/or Global Markets products [e.g. Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities Index Trading (CIT), CIT Metals, CIT Repo, and Commodities Futures Trading].
- 5 years or more relevant work experience, and preferably with a minimum of 2 years work experience in on-boarding / recertifying clients.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Good team player, eager to learn, and attention to details.
- Line management and staff coaching experience.
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), and preferably Chinese (Cantonese, Mandarin).
- Excellent PC skills, especially in Excel.
- Candidates with strong potential but less than 5 years relevant work experience will also be considered.
- Due Diligence
- Fixed Income
- Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Trade Finance
- Transaction Banking