- Asset Allocation
- Due Diligence
- Fixed Income
- Product Development
BlackRock - iShares Sales - Associate
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
iShares is the brand name for the world's largest range of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs), which is marketed and managed by BlackRock. iShares funds are available to institutional investors and private investors and combine the advantages of stocks with the benefits of index funds: iShares can be bought and sold like any other shares listed on a stock exchange and provide instant exposure to an entire index through a single security. They therefore combine the flexibility and tradability of a share with the diversification of a fund.
iShares ETFs were launched in 2000 and have since become the leading Exchange Traded Fund provider with over $1 trillion across more than 750 ETFs globally. iShares ETFs offer clients exposure in various asset classes from developed and emerging market equities to a leading range in fixed income and commodities. The target audience for iShares includes institutional investors as well as financial advisors. The iShares business believes its competitive advantages lie in the depth and breadth of its products, the unique expertise and service of its client relationship teams, and its brand strength.
The role is responsible for iShares business development with a focus on daily client coverage and service of clients based in Hong Kong. The role may also include coverage and servicing of clients in Singapore and other areas of Asia depending on the needs of the business. This includes client relationship management with a main focus on the private banks, retail banks, large asset managers and smaller independent asset managers. The successful candidate will work closely with the senior sales lead for Wealth, Retail and Asset Management in Asia ex Japan (AxJ).
- Work with the AxJ Wealth, Retail and Asset Management sales team to develop and execute a detailed sales strategy with a focus on promoting the benefits and extending the usage of iShares.
- Proactively deliver relevant content and product information tied to research, market insights, and ideas to target clients.
- Follow a team-based approach and leverage the Firm’s resources at appropriate times in the sales cycle, in order to broaden and deepen the usage of iShares.
- Work within the iShares and wider Blackrock Asia teams to identify and target existing and potential clients. Understand each client’s due diligence process and investment requirements and develop a strategic relationship with relevant gatekeepers through active coverage
- Represent iShares and build a broader understanding of ETFs and usage of iShares. This may include educational seminars provided to small and large audiences.
- Monitor ongoing client structure, client investment objectives, benchmarks, progress and holdings.
- Provide top market intelligence to help guide regional strategy, current product enhancement efforts, as well as new product development initiatives.
- Diligent use of client relationship management tools to record client activity/interaction.
- Administrative tasks: prepare client materials and reports for management, maintain a database of client holdings and trades, management of global product list etc.
- Responsible to ensure that all regulatory and legal requirements and standards are met.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- 2-4 years of relevant or financial industry experience.
- Sales experience gained from working in a high quality sell side firm selling cash equities, derivatives, or fixed income products.
- Proven expertise in promoting investment products to sophisticated clients.
- Relevant client relationships a preference.
- Fluent English speaker, Mandarin and/or Cantonese an advantage.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the processes and platforms in the business model of clients.
- Understanding of product set – preferably both ETFs and competitive landscape of delta 1 products. Experience with index or index linked fund products and/or structured/derivatives products is an advantage.
- Experience in managing relationships with multi-level contacts, externally and internally. The ability to be both a consultative and strategic seller.
- Understanding of the regulatory requirement in the region and sense of the medium and long-term opportunities for iShares.
- Self-motivated individual, with a commitment to excellence.
- BA/BS degree in related field; MBA or CFA is preferred
- Outstanding relationship management skills, experience, and ability to become a trusted client advisor.
- Strong time management, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
- Strong team player, who is able to collaborate credibly internally in order to leverage the Firm’s resources locally as well as globally
- Professional integrity and loyalty
- Licensing: Type 1 and 4 (can be obtained on the job)
|Language||English, Cantonese, Mandarin (Putonghua)|