- Asset Allocation
- Fixed Income
- Mutual Funds
- Relationship Management
- Risk Management
BlackRock - ICB Sales/Relationship Manager - Vice President
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
Business: Institutional Client Business
Within the Client Business group, we pride ourselves on creating, communicating and delivering investment solutions for clients worldwide. To that end, we have teams of professionals with expertise in the many functions that combined make this effort successful and sustainable, including relationship management, marketing, sales, client service, and product development and management.
The Client Business group serves institutional and retail clients, including; pension plans, insurance companies, third-party mutual funds, endowments and foundations, charities, corporations, official institutions, banks, family offices, financial professionals and individual investors.
Professionals within the team work together to deliver a full range of asset management, risk management and advisory services relevant to clients’ investment needs. Unified under one global client platform, individual client businesses are accountable for client relationships and distribution of products and services and are supported by a centralized marketing function which ensures consistency globally.
Division: Asia ex-Japan Institutional
BlackRock’s Asia ex-Japan Institutional Business is ranked by Asia Asset Management as the largest institutional asset manager in the region. Our clients are central banks, sovereign wealth funds, pension funds, insurance companies, family offices and endowments. What differentiates us is our local presence:
Offices and talent in Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei, Seoul and Beijing
In-region specialists in Equity, Fixed Income, Multi-Asset, Alternatives, ETFs, Transition Management
Our Hong Kong Institutional Sales team is seeking a seasoned salesperson to service our growing client base. The successful candidate would be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with institutional investors in Hong Kong, Macau and the Philippines.
The role would offer an opportunity to work with the biggest institutional investors in the region across the broadest possible set of investment products. The firm will support the successful candidate with training on product knowledge, relationship management skills, processes & systems.
- Develop and maintain relationships with target institutional investors. Strategize and execute ideas to expand beyond existing client base and business
- Independently generate new business and take ownership of this from beginning to end. Project manage RFI, RFP, and other sales pitch processes
- Collaborate with teammates on the defense of at-risk strategies and onboarding of and changes to mandates
- Develop junior staff members
- Build trust with internal partners / stakeholders
- Maintain client records
- 6-10 years’ experience in a sales function within financial services with a preference for direct experience selling asset management services/solutions
- Experience working with Hong Kong institutional investors and an established network preferred
- Cantonese fluency a must
- CFA qualification preferred but not necessary
- Self-motivated individual, with the ability to think strategically and drive new business
- Proven ability to form collaborative partnerships with internal colleagues and mentor junior team members
- CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder