- Asset Allocation
- Business Development
- Business Strategy
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Communications
- Corporate Development
- Due Diligence
- Wealth Management
BlackRock Head of APAC Corporate Strategy
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Corporate Strategy and Development Group is responsible for supporting the firm in positioning BlackRock to generate robust, long-term growth and shareholder value creation through formulating and executing enterprise-level vision and strategy, facilitating business level strategies and driving large multi-functional assignments and initiatives for the firm. The team is also responsible for sourcing, assessing and executing acquisitions, investments, divestitures and partnerships / alliances based on BlackRock's strategic priorities. The group has personnel based in New York, San Francisco, London, India and Hong Kong.
Based in Hong Kong, this person will both lead the Corporate Strategy function in the APAC region as well as contribute to broader global projects and initiatives. He/she will be responsible for partnering with and advising senior business leaders on a range of strategic initiatives and engagements. He/she will also partner with the Head of APAC Finance on regional business development opportunities. The successful candidate will report to the Global Head of Corporate Strategy and have an additional regional reporting line to the APAC Chief Financial Officer.
- Contribute to the development of Enterprise and firm-wide growth strategies
- Develop regional corporate strategy for APAC in partnership with key leaders across the region to include (but not limited to) market entry strategies, regional prioritization, and assessing strategic investments
- Work with individual businesses to develop business level strategy by advising on, challenging and helping execute business' own strategic agendas
- Partner with the Head of APAC Finance on regional business development opportunities, including identification, evaluation, due diligence and transaction structuring and negotiation and senior management and corporate approvals
- Work with the Corporate Strategy ExCo to set the agenda and priorities for the Global Strategy Group
- Communicate strategic priorities and execution plans across the firm through presentations, meetings, written communications etc.
- Proactively manage local strategic agenda and capacity of the team across projects
- Unparalleled exposure to senior leadership of BlackRock at the Regional and Global level, including opportunity to participate in wider leadership activities
- Manage and develop the local APAC team, ~5-6 direct reports
- Ideal transition role for senior strategist to establish trusted advisor role to executives
- Strong track record of people migrating from Corporate Strategy to Senior leadership roles within the firm
- The ideal candidate will currently be operating in a senior level in-house strategy role within Financial Services or as a senior consultant to the sector. Whilst Asset Management industry knowledge is preferred, consideration will also be given to well qualified candidates from banking/investment banking, wealth management and broader FS (including Senior Consultants from strategy consulting firms).
- Corporate Development prior experience is preferred
- Experience of leading and managing teams of strategy professionals
- Experience of leading large scale high impact strategy assignments
- Knowledge of and exposure to the full range of BlackRock’s activities is preferred: retail distribution, institutional distribution, ETFs, wealth management, marketing, alternatives, portfolio management and capital markets, and trading.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
|Career Level||Junior (less than 3 years)|