- Alternative Investments
- Capital Markets
- Corporate Communications
- Financial Modeling
- Hedge Funds
- Investment Management
- Mutual Funds
BlackRock -Corporate Strategy - Analysts to Associate
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
BlackRock was founded to provide answers and leadership to the investors who entrust their money and their futures to us. As the world’s largest investment manager, BlackRock takes its responsibility to build better financial futures extremely seriously. That’s why we bring together the best and brightest people – and give you the skills and support you need to make a career for yourself and a difference in today’s New World of Investing™.
We’re looking for people who are natural-born problem solvers, innovators and leaders – the sort of people who can help us deliver strong investment performance, develop industry-leading technology, and build strong client relationships.
BlackRock provides a range of solutions from rigorous asset management aimed at maximizing returns, to highly efficient investment strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets, to alternative investment strategies such as hedge funds, private equity and real estate. Our clients access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
The individual will play a key role in driving the analytics needed to formulate and execute overall business strategy activities for BlackRock Asia Pacific. Reporting to the Regional Corporate Strategy office, and working closely with the regional leadership team and other local managers to provide ongoing leadership and support for strategy projects and initiatives across the region.
As a Strategy Associate, your responsibilities will include:
- Drive the analytics for APAC region, country and business specific strategy projects
- Lead the research that informs APAC strategy development (e.g. competitors analysis)
- Structure and lead quantitative analyses and financial modeling
- Conduct interviews with senior business heads and perform qualitative analyses
- Assist in synthesizing and presenting recommendations to drive decision making process
- Coordinate efforts among various BlackRock teams to ensure efficient execution of projects
- Participate in implementation of initiatives and changes where appropriate
- Provide ongoing analytics, communications and project management support for Regional Corporate Strategy office
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in the Asia Pacific region
- Very strong analytical skills: able to gather and synthesize information from ambiguous sources, draw conclusions and summarize issues for an executive audience
- Excellent written, oral & interpersonal communication skills
- An effective team player, able to work with people of all levels
- Strong interest in the investment management business
- Innovative, open-minded and eager to learn, adapt and change
- Fluent in English, proficient in Mandarin and/or with other regional languages an advantage (Korean, Japanese)
|Career Level||Intermediate (3-6 years)|
|Language||English, Mandarin (Putonghua), Japanese, Korean|