BlackRock - Compliance Hong Kong - Vice President
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
This is a role based in Hong Kong that will require the individual to provide compliance support and advice, as well as review and evaluate any potential compliance issues/concerns within the organization – with a specific focus on Risks & Controls (including Risk Assessments, Thematic Reviews and Transactional Monitoring) and general Corporate Compliance (including Core Compliance, Licensing and Policies & Procedures,)
The role will be responsible for coverage of all Hong Kong related Risks and Controls and Corporate Compliance issues and work closely with the APAC Lead for Risk & Controls and Corporate Compliance to support regional issues and projects across APAC in these areas.
The candidate will be based in Hong Kong and have a reporting line into the APAC Lead for Risk & Controls and Corporate Compliance and the Head of Compliance, Hong Kong.
- Provide advice and guidance on regulatory/compliance issues in relation to BlackRock’s Risks & Controls and Corporate Compliance Framework, for all relevant business stakeholders in Hong Kong and in APAC.
- Responsible for reviewing internal processes, procedures and controls to compliance with the applicable regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Liaise with regulators in Hong Kong and handle all relevant regulatory enquiries and reporting.
- Analyse the impact of new laws and regulatory requirements and perform assessment of the implications on the R&C and Corporate Compliance Framework
- Participate in global and/or regional compliance initiatives and projects as necessary and work with the compliance colleagues from other BlackRock offices to ensure global best practice and consistency wherever possible.
- Provide compliance training on compliance issues; and prepare, review and update the relevant training materials.
- Determine if policies, procedures and controls of the relevant areas are adequate, effective and in compliance with regulatory requirements and meet global standards.
- Implement necessary internal control, including:
- Identify risks, potential concerns and control issues;
- Determine the root cause of issues;
- Provide best practice recommendations; and
- Ensure that appropriate corrective actions are developed and implemented.
- Liaise with other departments (e.g. Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Internal Audit department, etc.) and, whenever necessary, external auditors to ensure compliance in all aspects of the local business.
- Assist the preparation of relevant reports for senior management (including Group Compliance) as required.
- At least 6-8 years relevant working experience, of which at least 4 years in asset management compliance function. Previous experience in Hong Kong domiciled funds would be an advantage – but not mandatory
- Understanding of (or ability to quickly learn) the regulatory environment in Hong Kong, in particular regulatory requirements in relation to funds/investment products and distribution imposed by the Securities and Futures Commission.
- University degree in Law/Finance/Accounting/Business/Economics preferred.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Chinese language skills advantageous but not mandatory.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with ability to influence and lead.
- Ability to lead projects with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Teamwork skills – the candidate must be proactive, flexible in his/her work style and be able to work appropriately with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels.
- Asset Allocation
- Internal Audit
- Internal Control
- Quantitative Analysis