- Business Transformation
- C (Programming Language)
- Operational Risk
- Project Management
BlackRock - Business Manager L&C - VP
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
The APAC Legal and Compliance (“L&C”) Business Manager is a member of the APAC L&C team and strategic partner to the Heads of APAC L&C.
The APAC Business Manager will help deliver on business objectives and drive strategy, planning and execution in APAC L&C. The Business Manager should be able to demonstrate the vision and innovation that leads to business transformation and contributes to the success of both the team and BlackRock. Additionally, the Business Manager will provide connectivity across L&C within the region, the global COO team and the firm to drive results.
The Business Manager will also have the potential to be involved in specific APAC Compliance advisory issues and other APAC Compliance related issues.
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, APAC and the Head of Legal, APAC this role will also act as a key partner to the APAC functional regional leads, and the global L&C COO to drive and coordinate all aspects of APAC L&C business management in addition driving the execution of strategic APAC change management, projects and priorities.
Assist in the implementation of strategic priorities and strategy for APAC Legal and Compliance
- Oversee strategy development and implementation in partnership with Global COO and APAC L&C Senior Leadership Team including operating plans and strategic priorities
- Engage with functional and regional stakeholders across the firm to execute on operating plans and drive business efficiencies
- Assist in the design and implementation of management information reporting, focused on critical metrics to analyze the key risk indicators and to measure performance of the LL&C culture in the business functions
- Partner with Global L&C COO and Technology to ensure the ongoing development and maintenance of relevant systems, infrastructure, applications and tools
- Join, contribute to and help support the operation of the APAC Compliance ExCo and Legal Leadership Team Meetings
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders and internal business partners – functional and geographic
Financial & HR Headcount Management and Oversight
- Partner with the APAC L&C Senior Leadership Team to focus on short and long-term strategic planning around headcount and financial needs
- In partnership with HR team, guide talent practices and processes within business unit including recruitment and hiring strategy, talent reviews, promotions process, employee engagement & retention strategies and professional training and development.
General Departmental Management
- Manage the communication and connectivity agenda (content and logistics) for meetings, presentations and regional town halls. Work with L&C senior leadership team to gather content for presentations as well as coordinate and prepare speakers
- Manage special projects and Legal and Compliance strategic initiatives, both from a project management perspective and, where appropriate, on a more substantive basis
- Ensure key executives and stakeholders are kept informed and engaged
- Offer constructive challenge to the Heads of APAC L&C
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or equivalent at a minimum; alternatively, Compliance, Legal, Risk and/or senior level operating officer experience
- 8 - 10 years of experience in financial services or a related industry preferred, including experience engaging with senior leadership
- Significant and successful track record in managing operational risk and change in a dynamic environment
- Experience navigating a complex matrix of accountability and stakeholders
- Ability to clearly communicate objectives across a range of stakeholders and to articulate the rationale behind those goals
- Results driven individual with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects at the same time
- Teambuilding skills – the candidate must be proactive, flexible in his or her work style and be able to strengthen ties with colleagues at all levels
- Networking skills - cross functional relationship building with current and potential stakeholders is an essential element of this role