- Asset Allocation
- Cash Management
- Corporate Actions
- Mutual Funds
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Risk Management
- Technical Support
Beta Portfolio Manager - VP to Director
Location: Asia Pacific-China-Hong Kong
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock’s Beta Strategies team manages more than $2.2 trillion in global passive equity assets across Global Developed Markets, Emerging Markets, Commodities and REITs. The group offers passive equity investors the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices. Our clients include corporate pension plans, public pension plans, central banks, sovereign wealth funds and other institutional investors, including iShares® ETFs.
Asia ex-Japan Beta Strategies investment team is staffed with professionals who have significant experience within their respective markets. Our portfolio management team manages index equity funds including ETFs, institutional mandates, mutual funds and discretionary investment accounts across the region. All of our portfolio managers leverage the expertise of other investment teams through the strength of a shared research, trading and risk management platform. Our investment professionals benefit from the resources of a world-class firm that continually invests in its business and is differentiated by a team approach and integrated research and risk management.
There is an opportunity to join the team and deepen our bench strength through taking responsibility for the day-to-day management of index equity portfolios as well as actively supporting the development of index equity business in the region from an overall business and investment strategy perspective.
- Manage all aspects of developed and emerging market equity portfolios including daily liquidity management; client activity, index changes, and corporate actions; ensure all portfolios are positioned within right investment parameters and guidelines, and track within performance expectations.
- Apply quantitative techniques and models, coupled with specific market knowledge to portfolio construction and risk budgeting. Use various investment vehicles and techniques to meet desired investment objectives.
- Research index events and evaluate trading opportunities. Perform pre-trade analysis, develop trading strategy and risk framework and analyze results post trade.
- Attribute fund performance and refine ways to minimize drag relative to benchmark, and ensure superior investment outcomes are achieved through management of risk and cost.
- Communicate investment strategy and performance results to clients and sales channels, and provide technical support on index products to client facing groups.
- Support the needs of both internal and external clients regarding index products including new product development.
- Keep abreast of the regulatory environment as it relates to our business practices, notably markets within the region with special attention to China A-shares.
- Actively drive the future development of the business and team alongside head of AxJ portfolio management.
- Deputize in the absence of Head of AxJ
- Solid working knowledge of equity markets and portfolio management theory.
- Proven current or previous experience in an investment role within asset management or investment banking.
- Working knowledge of index methodologies and portfolio construction desirable.
- Exposure to index based products and strategies, and good understanding of the operational and cash management processes for index portfolio management an advantage as is an understanding and experience of derivatives uses for efficient portfolio management.
- Understanding of complex portfolio management tools and the ability to contribute towards product & system development.
- Good understanding of performance measurement and attribution and strong analytical and quantitative skills.
- Prior experience with the process and regulatory requirement of investing in China A shares desirable, but an aptitude to learn is essential.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, similar related field or relevant experience,
- CPA, CFA or equivalent desirable.
- Local licensing requirements are expected to fulfill upon a grace period.
- Strong communication skills to both interact within the function and across the business.
- A great team player with the ability to multitask and prioritize assignments while producing high quality work in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Well organized, disciplined approach to work with good project management skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Certified Public Accountant (HKICPA)
- CFA Level III / CFA Charterholder