- Performance Metrics
Senior Manager, Technical Underwriting and Governance
Location: HONG KONG
- Develop and distribute the technical underwriting guidelines and delegations of authority to the Commercial and Retail teams
- Ensure the delegations of authority provide the governance authority to Underwriting whilst still providing speed to market and minimising bottlenecks
- Provide subject matter expertise and be the escalation point for underwriting cases that are unique, complex or as per the delegations of authority
- Ensure periodic underwriting file audits are completed as per the audit protocols to review files against the underwriting principles and delegations of authority
- Ensure the appropriate governance is in place for technical underwriting
Projects & Governance
- Contribute to GI Strategic Underwriting & Reinsurance BAU projects and AXA HK transformational projects as required.
- Ensure the Underwriting & Reinsurance department meets legal, compliance and risk management requirements, formulating and executing action plans and escalating issues as required
- Fulfil responsibilities on relevant committees to achieve business goals
- Focus on technical Underwriting training for team members in commercial and retail teams.
- Provide underwriting insight for new product development.
- Contribute to the effective management of the GI P&L to drive top line and bottom line growth and to deliver the expected BU performance metrics, with particular focus on Underlying Results and Loss Ratio
- Qualifications in business or finance with ACII or FCII accreditation preferred
- At least 7 years’ experience in general insurance , with strong knowledge of the industry’s challenges and competitive landscape
- Robust business acumen and understanding of the economics of an insurance business, in particular the profitability drivers.
- Strong experience and in-depth knowledge of underwriting to develop effective technical underwriting principles and delegations of authority to drive profitability and minimise risk exposure
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build mutually beneficial internal and external relationships
- Well-developed written and spoken English language skills
|Career Level||Senior (6-10 years)|