- Computer Programming
- Data Analysis
- Data Management
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Risk Analysis
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Management
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Location: HONG KONG
- He/she will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, evaluate the risk prepared by local network partners on the respective countries employee benefits programs, incorporating life and medical related group employee benefits/individual employee benefits.
- Identifying the underlying principles, reasons, or facts of information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Evaluating, examining all transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness, preparing formal reports for review, ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines.
- Sound judgment and approving cases within the company and local market guidelines, up to his/her level of authority. Above the approving limit, to work with Corporate Office technical eam for approval.
- Contacting customers and/or local network partners to gather information to make appropriate decisions, explain rationale behind underwriting decision.
- Preparing necessary risk illustration using Maxis GBN tools for global clients.
- Data management on all clients’ benefits plans, claims paid incident rates, utilization behavior, etc as per each country respectively by working with our local network partners. Mainly, monitoring, evaluating, and identifying trend analyses, strategies and methods for minimizing adverse selection, and a creative pricing approach.
- Compiling months to month’s or ad hoc medical trend reports.
- At times, the underwriter may also be responsible for preparing the new business and renewal underwriting reports for the technical committee approval.
- Implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews, assisting in coming up with investigative/pricing tools based on Maxis GBN guidelines ie: Pricing of pool accounts protection (Aggregated, and per head)
- Provide work direction and/or training to local network partner technical team and provide performance feedback to supervisor/manager.
- Participating International RFP proposals.
- Portfolio management and profitability.
- Clients visit in conjunction with sale process.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer science, insurance, Actuarial Science or related field preferred, minimal 3 to 5 years of working experiences. Only with experience candidate will be considered.
- Excellent attention to detail with ability to thoroughly analyze data and know when additional data is needed.
- Extensive employee benefits insurance knowledge and underwriting skill.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Occasional traveling and work in a global team of professionals.
- Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Able to work independently with a strong sense of accountability and prompt reply.
- Organizational skills - ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent computer skills, especially on Excel, VBA and Access